Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-15T12:21:50Z by padamstx
Cylis
Cylis
7 Posts

Pinned topic REST API 500 internal error

‏2013-10-12T10:10:21Z |

description: we have migrated from 6.1 to 7.5.1.1 and data migration is done, including tasks that were containing a URL to a coach. Because of the migration, we had to refactor the coaches and the URL is not correct anymore...so we want to update the task data with the new URL and were thinking at using the REST API.

 

I made a try using the bpmrest-ui

getting data works fine (I removed part of url to show it here):

{
status:
"200",
data:
{
result:
"{"url":"http://xxxx/GetTaskDetails?mailingTaskId=%t"}",
resultMap:
}
}

 

 

with a task id and following parameters: {"url":"google"}

but I get the following error:

 

status:
"error",
Data:
{
status:
"error",
exceptionType:
"com.ibm.bpm.wle.api.UnexpectedFailureException",
errorNumber:
"CWTBG0019E",
errorMessage:
"CWTBG0019E: Unexpected exception during execution.",
errorMessageParameters:
null,
programmersDetails:
"none",
responses:
null

 

  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

    Re: REST API 500 internal error

    ‏2013-10-13T23:12:35Z  

    Hi there,

    What was the exact REST API you were calling?  The "bpmrest-ui" is called the "REST API Tester" and allows us to test API calls.  It would be very useful to know which of the REST APIs you were using were giving the issue.

    Neil

  • Cylis
    Cylis
    7 Posts

    Re: REST API 500 internal error

    ‏2013-10-14T08:57:26Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-10-13T23:12:35Z

    Hi there,

    What was the exact REST API you were calling?  The "bpmrest-ui" is called the "REST API Tester" and allows us to test API calls.  It would be very useful to know which of the REST APIs you were using were giving the issue.

    Neil

    Sorry, it was for the setData:

    http://tmwks02-tst:9080/rest/bpm/wle/v1/service/938399?action=setData&params={"url":"Google"}

  • 04V0_Rohan_Pereira
    04V0_Rohan_Pereira
    23 Posts

    Re: REST API 500 internal error

    ‏2013-10-15T03:11:00Z  

    have you first used the rest api to assign the task to yourself and then start the task before you setData

    Updated on 2013-10-15T03:11:38Z at 2013-10-15T03:11:38Z by 04V0_Rohan_Pereira
  • Cylis
    Cylis
    7 Posts

    Re: REST API 500 internal error

    ‏2013-10-15T07:22:20Z  

    have you first used the rest api to assign the task to yourself and then start the task before you setData

    no, we don t.

    However we think this is a bug in the product. Looking up this error I came across this post:

    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014943539

     

    The post is about the Finish task API, but the fact that the error only showed up if the External Activity is on a Toolkit caught my attention. Since we had a small BPD to test the External activities and our calls to the setData API was working, we moved my External activity to a Toolkit and we got the same error.

    Updated on 2013-10-15T07:23:26Z at 2013-10-15T07:23:26Z by Cylis
  • padamstx
    padamstx
    51 Posts

    Re: REST API 500 internal error

    ‏2013-10-15T12:21:50Z  
    • Cylis
    • ‏2013-10-15T07:22:20Z

    no, we don t.

    However we think this is a bug in the product. Looking up this error I came across this post:

    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014943539

     

    The post is about the Finish task API, but the fact that the error only showed up if the External Activity is on a Toolkit caught my attention. Since we had a small BPD to test the External activities and our calls to the setData API was working, we moved my External activity to a Toolkit and we got the same error.

    When you receive the "500 internal error", in almost all cases there will more detail about the problem logged to the server's SystemOut.log file.   Please look there to see what type of problem occurred on the server.

    Also, these symptoms look similar to a problem that has been fixed recently in the 8.5.0.0 release.   You should consider opening up a PMR so that the support team can look at your issue and determine how best to fix it.