4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-04T05:24:43Z by the.techie007
the.techie007
the.techie007
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Maximo 7.5 list tab data download

‏2013-07-03T10:12:00Z |

Hello,

We are working on Maximo 7.5 (Nuc) and working with the download link provided in the list tab of all the applications.

When I hit download link in the application list tab, it generates an excel file with the records displayed in the list tab. When we print this generated excel file, it prints the file in A4 paper by default.

I have a custom application with 10 fields in the list tab, requirement is when the records are exported from the application, excel file opened and printed then by default it should pick A3 paper to print instead of A4.

A3 paper is required because content exported can't fit in Landscape orientation of A4 paper also. Same is required when we export report content in excel but right now the focus is on list tab extract.

Please let me know, if you got some clue on how to do this.

• bgbaird
    bgbaird
    167 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Maximo 7.5 list tab data download

‏2013-07-03T12:16:27Z  in response to the.techie007

Hi, I've tried this several different ways, and it seems that it defaults to the default paper choice on your default printer.  In my environment, it doesn't seem to be a Maximo issue.

Brian

• the.techie007
      the.techie007
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-03T12:51:43Z  in response to bgbaird

Thanks for the reponse Brain.

I was wondering if the paze size of excel is controlled by default printer setup then it should be applicable to all the excel documents that I have in my PC. I wrote piece of java code to generate an excel file and set its page size to A3 programatically, when I open this file then it correctly shows A3 page size and it is not overriden by the default printer setup of A4.

I have attached the java code, you may have a look and it might click some new idea :) ... it would be great if you can share the ways you have tried, I would like to give those a try from my end too.

- Chandan

Attachments

• bgbaird
        bgbaird
        167 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-03T15:43:18Z  in response to the.techie007

If I going to these lengths, I would write a report, then I can really do some formatting.

• the.techie007
          the.techie007
          11 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-04T05:24:43Z  in response to bgbaird

Or may be instead of writing a BIRT report you can start with the list tab download.

- Chandan