IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-28T03:20:54Z by MarcusDietrich
Jose.Mong
Jose.Mong
11 Posts

Pinned topic Consolidated Elements don't Consolidate

‏2013-05-08T06:27:57Z |

Dear Sirs, hi everybody...

Regarding to Consolidated Elements and Feeders Statements, I have only one issue... let me explain...

************ FIRST SCENARIO ************

This is my Rule (all elements are leaf levels): ['LeafLevel1', 'LeafLevel2', 'LeafLevel3'] = N:DB('CubeName', !DimensionA, !DimensionB, 'Element_N');

This is my Feeder (in another cube): ['Element_N'] => ['LeafLevel1', 'LeafLevel2', 'LeafLevel3'];

...the consolidated level ("Total") of "LeafLevel3", brings to me the correct amount without problem

************ SECOND SCENARIO ************

This is Another Rule (only a single element is Consolidated): ['LeafLevel1', 'ConsolidatedLevel', 'LeafLevel3'] = C:DB('CubeName', !DimensionA, !DimensionB, 'Element_N');

This is my Feeder (in another cube): "it don't need feeder statements"

...but, in this second scenario, the consolidated level ("Total") of "LeafLevel3", doesn't works, because this concolidated level shows: "0"

You can see the attachment Excel file for a better understanding..., then, my question is:

How can I fix this situation?, in the Second Scenario, without alter the rule, because when I change "C:" by "N:", then the rule doesn't work neither.

• MarcusDietrich
    MarcusDietrich
    5 Posts

Re: Consolidated Elements don't Consolidate

‏2013-06-28T03:20:54Z  

if you target a rule to a C-Element, then the result of the rule will not automatically consolidated into higher consolidation levels; you can view C-Level rules like calculations to 'overwrite' consolidations with an individual calculation. If you want your rule result to consolidate automatically into your hierarchy then you need to make it a N-rule.

hope this helps

Marcus