Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-21T13:06:50Z by sergio.tarchi
Michael_Knauth
Michael_Knauth
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic OS Deployment (Bare Metal) doesn't join domain

‏2013-11-07T13:27:47Z |

Hi all,

I've come across a caveat with bare metal OS deployment in that it doesn't appear to complete post imaging steps. Specifically, it will not join to the domain that is specified in the bare metal profile and it does not disable the administrator account when it has finished.

If I "reimage" a device using the same image through IEM console, the process works correctly; You can see the post imaging steps progressing, the unattend.xml being applied and the IEM actions show that the "administrator" account is disabled at the end.

I've used the bare metal component (TPMfOSD) in a standalone situation in the past and have not experienced this behaviour. My guess is that the profile that IEM sends to it may not be correct, Has anyone else come across these issues, and is there a solution?

Michael.

• sergio.tarchi
    sergio.tarchi
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: OS Deployment (Bare Metal) doesn't join domain

‏2013-11-12T17:32:55Z  in response to Michael_Knauth

Hi,

I have been able to reproduce this issue.

A PMR has been raised for this problem: 72150,101,616
    The issue will be handled with this PMR and I'll take care to update the forum with the status.
    I'm also investigating if a temporary workaround can be applied and will let you know.

Thanks.

Sergio Tarchi

IEMfOSD application L3 team

• sergio.tarchi
      sergio.tarchi
      27 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: OS Deployment (Bare Metal) doesn't join domain

‏2013-11-21T13:06:50Z  in response to sergio.tarchi

Hello Michael,

Could you please try the following?

Edit the bare metal profile where Join Domain is selected but not working, switch to Manual tab and add in the [Default] section the following entry:
      DomainAdminPassword=<your admin domain password>
      Wait for the bare metal profile being updated on the bare metal server (action is automatically generated after clicking on "ok").
      Retry the deployment.

Thanks.

Sergio Tarchi

IEMfOSD application L3 team

Updated on 2013-11-21T13:30:53Z at 2013-11-21T13:30:53Z by sergio.tarchi