Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-27T18:46:10Z by tmparker
KevinGomes
KevinGomes
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Host On-Demand Certificates

‏2013-09-26T21:17:34Z |

Discussions about certificates for Host On-Demand.

• KevinGomes
    KevinGomes
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Host On-Demand Certificates

‏2013-09-26T21:25:02Z  in response to KevinGomes

I have a Java Applet jar that is downloaded via a HTML file from Web Browser (Internet Explorer/Chrome). This applet uses the HOD jar files, and we're in the process of upgrading from HOD 5 to HOD 11.0.8. I get following exception when the Host Terminal tries to establish a connection with the remote server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
                    at com.ibm.hod5sslight.SSLContext.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.security.ssl.HODSSLiteImpl.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.security.ssl.HODSSLImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
                    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.getHODSSLIntf(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.initialize_tail2(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.initialize_tail(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.initialize(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.registerWithThreadManager(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.open(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.ECLConnection.StartCommunication(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.beans.HOD.Session$2.run(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.HOD.common.ThreadPoolThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: com.ibm.hod5sslight.CL3Exception: reason=0x80000019
                    at com.ibm.hod5sslight.CL3.runSelfTests(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.hod5sslight.CL3.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
                    ... 16 more
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.hod5sslight.SSLContext
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.security.ssl.HODSSLiteImpl.getHODSSLContext(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.security.ssl.HODSSLiteImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.security.ssl.HODSSLImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.security.ssl.HODSSLImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.initialize_tail2(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.initialize_tail(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.initialize(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.registerWithThreadManager(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.Transport.open(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.ECL.ECLConnection.StartCommunication(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.beans.HOD.Session$2.run(Unknown Source)
                    at com.ibm.eNetwork.HOD.common.ThreadPoolThread.run(Unknown Source)

While searching for the exception I encountered I came across the following link. Hence, I upgraded from HOD 11.0 to HOD 11.0.8, but that didn't fix the problem.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21503472

Thanks.

• tmparker
      tmparker
      484 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Host On-Demand Certificates

‏2013-09-27T18:46:10Z  in response to KevinGomes

I believe some of the security implementation has changed since way back in HOD 5.  I'm pretty sure that version was from over a decade ago.  Did you recompile your code using the new jar files?  I would imagine you would see some errors if so.  I'm not sure how your code was designed and implemented so I really can't say much more about it.

Thanks

Tim