IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-24T06:33:20Z by Shajil T.K.
Shajil T.K.
Shajil T.K.
3 Posts

Pinned topic Contributor / application workflow - data visibility

‏2013-12-31T06:55:06Z |

Using TM1 applications we can build a approval workflow. In this workflow I understand that if a user enters values in a cube view and commits, the new data becomes visible to everyone who accesses the cube.

Is it possible to ensure that only after the user submits the cube view the data will be visible to others.

If we have an approval hierarchy that is more than 2 levels in depth, then the data that is submitted at the leaf level node should be visible only to the next level approver in the hierarchy and not above that. The data should become visible to others only after approval of all the nodes. Is this possible ?

• SaptarshiGuhaRoy
    SaptarshiGuhaRoy
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Contributor / application workflow - data visibility

‏2014-01-03T05:57:01Z  

Hi Shajil,

My reply to your questions

(1. Is it possible to ensure that only after the user submits the cube view the data will be visible to others.) ,

( 2.If we have an approval hierarchy that is more than 2 levels in depth, then the data that is submitted at the leaf level node should be visible only to the         next level approver in the hierarchy and not above that.)

Guess, this is not possible as far as I have come across in TM1 contributor.

Once , If you "COMMIT" , the data will be visible in the next levels.

Even if you click  on the "SUBMIT" button or not , the data will be visible  at the next level.

Regards,

Roy.

• SaptarshiGuhaRoy
    SaptarshiGuhaRoy
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-03T05:57:01Z  

Hi Shajil,

(1. Is it possible to ensure that only after the user submits the cube view the data will be visible to others.) ,

( 2.If we have an approval hierarchy that is more than 2 levels in depth, then the data that is submitted at the leaf level node should be visible only to the         next level approver in the hierarchy and not above that.)

Even if you click  on the "SUBMIT" button or not , the data will be visible  at the next level.

Regards,

Roy.

• Shajil T.K.
    Shajil T.K.
    3 Posts

‏2014-01-24T06:33:20Z  

Hi Shajil,

Regards,

Roy.

Thanks Saptarshi