Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-10T15:37:20Z by damorris
ValkyrieF6
ValkyrieF6
11 Posts

Pinned topic NMO/ICN workflows

‏2013-06-25T16:38:43Z |

Is it possible and what would be necessary to expose the two approval workflows that come with NMO for ICN access so that an individual workflow item could be processed from either or both interfaces?  For instance, if a user launched an approval from ICN, that item would show up in the recipiant's NMO tasks, (and vice versa)

Thanks

aj

• damorris
    damorris
    785 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: NMO/ICN workflows

‏2013-07-10T15:37:20Z  

Thanks Dana!  This sounds great.  Any idea when we can get the new step processor?  I am developing a straight (Workplace type) approval workflow for ICN. I considered building a custom step processor, but that would take me much more time than I have, and If you are releasing the new step processor soon, mine would probably be more of a disruption than a solution anyway.

In the next release later this year

• damorris
    damorris
    785 Posts

‏2013-06-26T03:51:38Z  

Yes, this is already possible today in ICN 2.0.1.  The primary issue is that the step processor leveraged in the web interface of ICN is not as well suited / user friendly for this pattern based workflow.  This is actually something we are intending to address by adding a new step processor to the product to mirror the UI the users see in NMO. 

• ValkyrieF6
    ValkyrieF6
    11 Posts

‏2013-07-10T14:31:40Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-06-26T03:51:38Z

Yes, this is already possible today in ICN 2.0.1.  The primary issue is that the step processor leveraged in the web interface of ICN is not as well suited / user friendly for this pattern based workflow.  This is actually something we are intending to address by adding a new step processor to the product to mirror the UI the users see in NMO. 

Thanks Dana!  This sounds great.  Any idea when we can get the new step processor?  I am developing a straight (Workplace type) approval workflow for ICN. I considered building a custom step processor, but that would take me much more time than I have, and If you are releasing the new step processor soon, mine would probably be more of a disruption than a solution anyway.

• damorris
    damorris
    785 Posts

‏2013-07-10T15:37:20Z  

In the next release later this year