Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-30T17:34:48Z by Costas.Aravidis
Costas.Aravidis
Costas.Aravidis
6 Posts

Pinned topic DOORS elevated attributes from columns of a view do not export correctly

‏2013-11-07T13:56:12Z |
When using RPE 1.2.1 I have experience a problem exporting DOORS attribute that have been elevated in a template from columns of a view. I have experience this issue also with HotFix 1.2.0.1 and the HotFix 1.2.1.

When elevating columns of a view as an attribute and put them in a template, then during export either incorrect data are exported or empty fields.

Has anybody else experience the same problem? Does anybody knows if this is a defect or something that I'm doing wrong?

I have attached word files and templates as example of the event occurred.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Costas

• Costas.Aravidis
    Costas.Aravidis
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DOORS elevated attributes from columns of a view do not export correctly

‏2013-12-04T14:32:06Z  

Just a note to close this issue for anyone that has the same problem... This issue now has been fixed with a hotfix for version 1.2.1 and will be included  in a later delivery of RPE.

Regards,

Costas

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    253 Posts

‏2013-11-12T06:09:59Z  

Hi Costas,

We've seen such an issue recently. This seems to happen since RPE1.2.0.1 release. I'll confirm the issue by end of this week or early next week.

Thanks,

Kumar

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    253 Posts

‏2013-11-12T06:23:07Z  

Hi Costas,

We've seen such an issue recently. This seems to happen since RPE1.2.0.1 release. I'll confirm the issue by end of this week or early next week.

Thanks,

Kumar

If you could add a sample DOORS module, that'll help.

• Costas.Aravidis
    Costas.Aravidis
    6 Posts

‏2013-11-12T08:53:56Z  

If you could add a sample DOORS module, that'll help.

Hi Kumar,

I have raised also a Service Request 2 days ago the number is PMR 33856,075,724 and the address is https://www-947.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/problemDescriptionSelect.action?srNumber=33856&branch=075&retainCountryCode=724

I have attached a modules as requested so you can have a look and the word template that is used to do the export.

Regards,

Costas

Updated on 2013-11-12T08:54:20Z at 2013-11-12T08:54:20Z by Costas.Aravidis
  • Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    253 Posts

‏2013-11-12T09:33:34Z  

Hi Kumar,

I have raised also a Service Request 2 days ago the number is PMR 33856,075,724 and the address is https://www-947.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/problemDescriptionSelect.action?srNumber=33856&branch=075&retainCountryCode=724

I have attached a modules as requested so you can have a look and the word template that is used to do the export.

Regards,

Costas

Thanks Costas. I see the PMR and also the test artifacts and was able to replicate the issue. I'll get back on this sooner.

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1621 Posts

‏2013-11-12T13:11:56Z  

Thanks Costas. I see the PMR and also the test artifacts and was able to replicate the issue. I'll get back on this sooner.

Thanks Kumar.  Is this an older defect not discovered until now or something new, introduced in 1.2.1?

Regards,

Dragos

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    253 Posts

‏2013-11-12T13:30:28Z  

Thanks Kumar.  Is this an older defect not discovered until now or something new, introduced in 1.2.1?

Regards,

Dragos

Hi Dragos,

This works as expected in RPE1.2, but fails after that. See attachment in the first thread of this post. The result in RPE1.2 is good.

Thanks,

Kumar

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1621 Posts

‏2013-11-13T10:04:58Z  

Hi Dragos,

This works as expected in RPE1.2, but fails after that. See attachment in the first thread of this post. The result in RPE1.2 is good.

Thanks,

Kumar

Thanks Kumar. So this affects both 1.2.0.1 and 1.2.1

Regards,

Dragos

• Costas.Aravidis
    Costas.Aravidis
    6 Posts

‏2013-11-26T09:16:40Z  

Thanks Kumar. So this affects both 1.2.0.1 and 1.2.1

Regards,

Dragos

Hi guys any update on this one?

Regards,

Costas

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    253 Posts

‏2013-11-26T09:56:02Z  

Hi guys any update on this one?

Regards,

Costas

Hi Costas,

We've identified the issue and have come up with the solution. You would hear from RPE support team (for the PMR you raised) on this sooner.

Thanks,

Kumar

• Costas.Aravidis
    Costas.Aravidis
    6 Posts

‏2013-12-04T14:32:06Z  

Just a note to close this issue for anyone that has the same problem... This issue now has been fixed with a hotfix for version 1.2.1 and will be included  in a later delivery of RPE.

Regards,

Costas

• Steve.requiremore
    Steve.requiremore
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-30T07:42:31Z  

Regards,

Costas

I just installed RPE 1.2.1 and the Hot Fix fom 2013-11-07

It didn't fix this problem for me (DOORS 9.3.0.7, WinXP), and it's not mentioned in the list of fixed bugs.

Since many of my RPE-Templates rely on data from DXL-Layout columns, this RPE version is useless for  me.

I'll go back to 1.2, though that version has the annoying "Launcher doesn't exit after publishing and hugs license" bug. Seems to be the less painless bug for now.

Regards,

Steve

• Costas.Aravidis
    Costas.Aravidis
    6 Posts

‏2014-01-30T09:43:40Z  

I just installed RPE 1.2.1 and the Hot Fix fom 2013-11-07

It didn't fix this problem for me (DOORS 9.3.0.7, WinXP), and it's not mentioned in the list of fixed bugs.

Since many of my RPE-Templates rely on data from DXL-Layout columns, this RPE version is useless for  me.

I'll go back to 1.2, though that version has the annoying "Launcher doesn't exit after publishing and hugs license" bug. Seems to be the less painless bug for now.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

The fix that I applied was a test fix and not the hot fix. here is the link ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/rational/private/RPE-SQlpw2TCyd6q/

this is specific to the problem described.

Regards,

Costas

• Steve.requiremore
    Steve.requiremore
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-30T13:27:39Z  

Hi Steve,

The fix that I applied was a test fix and not the hot fix. here is the link ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/rational/private/RPE-SQlpw2TCyd6q/

this is specific to the problem described.

Regards,

Costas

Hi Costas,

my mistake, thanks for clarifying that. I'll try that one as soon as possible.

Regards, Steve

• Costas.Aravidis
    Costas.Aravidis
    6 Posts

‏2014-01-30T17:34:48Z  

Hi Costas,

my mistake, thanks for clarifying that. I'll try that one as soon as possible.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,

No problem, glad that I could help.

Regards, Costas