2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-22T15:03:31Z by HaraldSeipp
Berniebgbb
Berniebgbb
77 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TS3310 Firmware - Archive

‏2013-08-12T23:01:52Z |

Hi All,

If I run the TS3310 "Archive" library firmware (TS3310_Tape_Library_Microcode_635G.GS005) on a TS3310 library, how will this alter tape utilization?

Specifically will it Restrict "Overwrite" and "Erase" functionality on tape at the device (firmware) level?

Thanks

Bernard

• edsonTIGuy
    edsonTIGuy
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TS3310 Firmware - Archive

‏2013-08-22T14:06:54Z  in response to Berniebgbb

HI i'm new in the developer works and i have a big problem related with the TS3200 tape library.

I replaced a old drive sled with the brand new one, but the issues continue, error code FB O1 related with the Library and drive status appear  as "Exception F1 01 Error", so i'm looking for a solution.

I tried to Update the drive sled/ tape drive to the latest firmware  version but it does not upgrade, and t in the web interface appear that the tape drive a disabled, so how to enable this?

NB: Sorry for my poor english fellows.

please help me find a solution.

• HaraldSeipp
    HaraldSeipp
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TS3310 Firmware - Archive

‏2013-08-22T15:03:31Z  in response to Berniebgbb

Bernard,

the firmware marked with "Archive" is not at all related to Data Archiving in the Tape Environment, it is just the previous version of the Firmware.

You should always use the latest version, not the "Archive" one unless you have a very special case that requires you to use that previous version.