• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-21T15:14:17Z by lanef
lanef
lanef
18 Posts

Pinned topic dialog box filename control starting directory

‏2014-03-21T13:02:47Z |

Hi,

Something went crack between my computer and this forum and it was absolutely unusable for months.  I've missed it.  It seems to be working again and I need help with the dialog box filename control.

Specifically, is there anyway to set the starting directory associated with the canned browse button?  This should be simple so me thinks I'm overlooking something in the reference manual (ergo I apologize in advance).

Best,

Frank

• Gedinfo
    Gedinfo
    87 Posts

Re: dialog box filename control starting directory

‏2014-03-21T13:44:21Z  

Frank,

I assume that you are using a dialog.  If so, have you tried:

DBE fileName(DB box,
    [string label,]
    [,string initFileName
    [,string extension,
    string description
    [,bool readOnly]]])

When present, the initFileName argument provides an initial value, which can be an absolute or relative path.

Hope this helps.

• lanef
    lanef
    18 Posts

Re: dialog box filename control starting directory

‏2014-03-21T15:14:17Z  
    • Gedinfo
    • ‏2014-03-21T13:44:21Z

Frank,

I assume that you are using a dialog.  If so, have you tried:

DBE fileName(DB box,
    [string label,]
    [,string initFileName
    [,string extension,
    string description
    [,bool readOnly]]])

When present, the initFileName argument provides an initial value, which can be an absolute or relative path.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gedinfo,

Thank you for replying.  Yes, I'm using a dialog and I do have the initFilename specified.  But the weirdness I'm seeing is that no matter what I put in there (absolute, relative, or even just a directory), when I hit the browse button it directs to the directory the script was launched from.

That would be okay but I'm getting tons of data to process and trying to arrange it in a directory of its own (to simplify the abstractions I have to do in my mind).

Best,

Frank