Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-12T15:58:20Z by smashyrahul
smashyrahul
smashyrahul
377 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Performance Monitoring

‏2013-07-12T14:37:02Z |

Hello Experts,

Could you please suggests how can we do the performance monitoring on DataPower?

Thanks,

Rahul

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1346 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Performance Monitoring

‏2013-07-12T15:14:38Z  in response to smashyrahul

What specifically are you looking to measure?  From an appliance viewpoint, I typically see SNMP polls for metrics such as memory utilization, load utilization, etc.  The developerWorks article John Rasmussen and I wrote a few years back is getting dated, but it would still be a good starting point.  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1003_rasmussen/1003_rasmussen.html  The article also discusses application metrics.  For example, you might want to measure how many transactions per second your particular service is receiving.  That can also be accomplished using SNMP, but the SNMP OIDs will change as the configuration changes, so you need to beware of that and have your SNMP client updated when new application configuration is deployed to your application domain.  I've seen numerous SNMP clients at customers that will then graphically show these metrics over a historical interval.

Regards,

Steve

• smashyrahul
      smashyrahul
      377 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Performance Monitoring

‏2013-07-12T15:58:20Z  in response to swlinn

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I will go through this article.

Regards

Rahul