2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-06-10T07:53:08Z by HermannSW
Prasad MHSV
Prasad MHSV
20 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Checking the WSM data elements collected by ITCAM-SOA Agent

‏2014-06-07T11:18:45Z |

Hi Hermann,

I have a query regarding the wsm data collection on datapower by ITCAM for SOA agent.

I have a mpgw service which makes use of custom stylesheet to create a WSM record and send it to ITCAM server.

All the setup is fine and i am able to view the metrics in the Service Inventory Table of ITCAM.

The Query is :

Is there any way in Datapower to view the data elements which are collected by wsm agent(either through some logging or debugging technique) on datapower.

I aware that i can check the wsm payload created through stylesheet in multi-step probe.But that just shows the payload created as part of custom stylesheet. I feel that wsm agent just modifies this wsm payload before writing the record to the ITCAM table.

So enabling the logging/debugging to check the actual data pulled by data collector would help me in understanding how the data is exchanged at the datapower/ITCAM soa interface. This way i can modify certain data elements in the wsm payload as per my requirement.

There is little information in the infocentre to troubleshoot this data collection process:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v6r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.xm.doc%2Fwsm_debuggingformatting.html

But i didnt understand the procedure to turn on debugging option:

• Enter the following command to turn on debugging the custom formatter style sheet.

set-system-var var://system/ws-mgmt/debug  3

• Enter the following command to turn off debugging.

set-system-var var://system/ws-mgmt/debug  " "

I tried running this CLI command in default domain but i dont see any xml files getting generated in the temp:// directory as shown below:

Record collection request
temporary:///request-<domain-name>.xml
XML record
temporary:///event-<domain-name>.xml
Formatted record
temporary:///<formatter-name>-<domain-name>.out

Could you please elaborate this process of enabling the debugging process.

I am trying to collect the XML formatted record that datapower generates in response to the collection request by ITCAM server.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Prasad

• Prasad MHSV
    Prasad MHSV
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Checking the WSM data elements collected by ITCAM-SOA Agent

‏2014-06-10T06:38:58Z  in response to Prasad MHSV

Hi,

Could you please update on this query.

Thanks,

Prasad

• HermannSW
      HermannSW
      4238 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Checking the WSM data elements collected by ITCAM-SOA Agent

‏2014-06-10T07:53:08Z  in response to Prasad MHSV

"var://system/ws-mgmt/debug" is a global variable.

If you set it according the documentation (to "3") the files described should appear in temporary: folder of service domain or default domain.

If that is not the case, please raise a PMR.

Hermann <myBlog/> <myTweets/> | <GraphvizFiddle/> | <xqib/> | <myCE/> <myFrameless/>

Updated on 2014-06-10T07:54:20Z at 2014-06-10T07:54:20Z by HermannSW