Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-10-30T15:35:20Z by Diotima
CBS3_Ian_Wilson
CBS3_Ian_Wilson
41 Posts

Pinned topic Disabling buttons in Process View

‏2013-04-30T21:00:50Z |

In the Process View, is it possible to easily disable the buttons "Move to In-basket" and "Reassign"?  Virtually all menus and toolbars seem to be highly configurable, but the toolbar above the Inbasket list, I just can't see any way of modifying this.

I'm sure it's possible to customise this, but I'm guessing this would involve creating a new Process feature, which seems like a lot of effort for something so trivial.

• damorris
    damorris
    796 Posts

Re: Disabling buttons in Process View

‏2013-05-03T09:39:50Z  

Hi Ian,

This isn't currently possible through the menus configuration.  The issue is that the step processor currently does not use a toolbar at the bottom for the responses.  

The Reassign action is actually controlled by the workflow definition as a per step setting.  Return and Move to In-Basket are displayed based on what type of queue the in-basket is configured against but you cannot control those from the Workflow definition like you can Reassign.

We're investigating whether we can make this more admin configurable by leveraging a Toolbar configuration in some way.  In the meantime, I believe you'd need to create a custom step processor in order to solve this with the current release.

• CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    41 Posts

‏2013-05-03T09:55:57Z  

Dana,

Thanks for the response.  I guessed that the Reassign button should be controllable from the Reassign checkbox in the Process Step.

We have actually created a custom step processor and successfully removed those 2 buttons from the ProcessButtonBar,  but it looks like we may also have to create a custom feature to override the Process View.

We have a solution for a customer that doesn't make use of Personal Inbaskets, and experience tells us that if you provide buttons on a UI, end users have an annoying habit of clicking them to find out what they do  :-)

• Diotima
    Diotima
    6 Posts

‏2014-10-30T15:35:20Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-05-03T09:39:50Z

Hi Ian,

This isn't currently possible through the menus configuration.  The issue is that the step processor currently does not use a toolbar at the bottom for the responses.  

The Reassign action is actually controlled by the workflow definition as a per step setting.  Return and Move to In-Basket are displayed based on what type of queue the in-basket is configured against but you cannot control those from the Workflow definition like you can Reassign.

We're investigating whether we can make this more admin configurable by leveraging a Toolbar configuration in some way.  In the meantime, I believe you'd need to create a custom step processor in order to solve this with the current release.

Damorris,

are there any news regarding this issue? It's really doesn't sense to have "Move In-Basket" button by default.

Thank you.