• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-21T05:45:54Z by LI Bo
Kelly Hu
Kelly Hu
3 Posts

Pinned topic Problems met when Developing RESTful JS project

‏2013-07-31T07:38:49Z |

Hi there,

After following Developing RESTful JavaScript applications in chapter 6 of Icap.pdf, when I run the application and navigate to the URL, it worked all right for services test 1 to test 4, but showed me

{"code":"MethodNotAllowedError","message":"GET is not allowed"}

on the webpage when test service 5.

Would be appreciated if anyone could tell me why is that and help me out. Thank you!

Regards,

Kelly

Attachments

• dwthought
    dwthought
    2 Posts

Re: Problems met when Developing RESTful JS project

‏2013-08-01T05:18:49Z  

In the old version, the app don't handle the HTTP GET request  . The new version had fixed it .

• Kelly Hu
    Kelly Hu
    3 Posts

‏2013-08-02T01:48:43Z  
    • dwthought
    • ‏2013-08-01T05:18:49Z

In the old version, the app don't handle the HTTP GET request  . The new version had fixed it .

I'm using the latest version, however, I encountered this problem. I'm not sure is it a common problem, are you sure it has been fixed? Appreciated if you could help me to explain why is that. Thanks!

• LI Bo
    LI Bo
    18 Posts

‏2013-08-21T05:45:54Z  
    • Kelly Hu
    • ‏2013-08-02T01:48:43Z

I'm using the latest version, however, I encountered this problem. I'm not sure is it a common problem, are you sure it has been fixed? Appreciated if you could help me to explain why is that. Thanks!

Hi Kelly,

Accessing service using GET is supported in all versions. 

The reason why you got that error is that the /test5 service only supports POST, as defined in the config/services.json file:

"test5": {
    "path": "/test5",
    "method": "post",
    "useSSL": false
    }

You can change "post" to "get" then restart the JS app, then you can access it by GET.