How values are importing from interface table to MBO

Thanks

Mini

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    285 Posts

Re: maximo interface

‏2013-06-25T20:21:21Z  

Integrations are a long topic but the general premise is your IFACE table is created from an Enterprise Service (since you mentioned Inbound) which references an Object Structure. This object structure determines what all objects make up the IFACE table (PO, POLINE, PRLINE, etc.), what the attributes are that are used in the Integration Object Structure (as you can include non persistent and exclude persistent fields), what the aliases are if you have conflicts (EX: siteid on numerous tables). Out of box, there are some example Object Structures with inbound processing classes that assist with the integration (MXPO for instance) but others may only be configured by the object structure (such as your custom objects).

There's a MXIN_INTER_TRANS table that gets created where you flag what records need to be processed in your integration tables and a Cron Task processes runs every X minutes/hours/days to pull the records needing to be processed. Maximo takes the data from the IFACE table and converts it to XML form (just like it does for Flat File or Web Service) and processes the document to store the data in the necessary MBO values using either the JMS Continuous or Sequential Queues.

This is a very brief high level overview but if you specific questions I can try and answer them in more depth.

• maximimini
    maximimini
    10 Posts

‏2013-06-29T15:14:14Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-06-25T20:21:21Z

Integrations are a long topic but the general premise is your IFACE table is created from an Enterprise Service (since you mentioned Inbound) which references an Object Structure. This object structure determines what all objects make up the IFACE table (PO, POLINE, PRLINE, etc.), what the attributes are that are used in the Integration Object Structure (as you can include non persistent and exclude persistent fields), what the aliases are if you have conflicts (EX: siteid on numerous tables). Out of box, there are some example Object Structures with inbound processing classes that assist with the integration (MXPO for instance) but others may only be configured by the object structure (such as your custom objects).

There's a MXIN_INTER_TRANS table that gets created where you flag what records need to be processed in your integration tables and a Cron Task processes runs every X minutes/hours/days to pull the records needing to be processed. Maximo takes the data from the IFACE table and converts it to XML form (just like it does for Flat File or Web Service) and processes the document to store the data in the necessary MBO values using either the JMS Continuous or Sequential Queues.

This is a very brief high level overview but if you specific questions I can try and answer them in more depth.

Hi ,

Thanks lot. What is the use of  table MXIN_INTER_TRANS.  can external system reads or writes directly into   MXIN_INTER_TRANS. and ifacetables.

I thought that external system can not connect to maximo database..

So we have to give db credencials to  External system and they reads or writes .. What is the relationship between   MXIN_INTER_TRANS. and iface table.

Thanks

Mini

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    285 Posts

‏2013-07-02T01:42:21Z  

Hi ,

Thanks lot. What is the use of  table MXIN_INTER_TRANS.  can external system reads or writes directly into   MXIN_INTER_TRANS. and ifacetables.

I thought that external system can not connect to maximo database..

So we have to give db credencials to  External system and they reads or writes .. What is the relationship between   MXIN_INTER_TRANS. and iface table.

Thanks

Mini

MXIN_INTER_TRANS is for Maximo to know which records to process in the interface table (since all records could be stored in the IFACE table indefinitely). There's a transid and transseq field on each IFACE table and the MXIN_INTER_TRANS would store the transid, method (such as Add/Change), external system name, and enterprise service.

I'm going to qualify the term External System because that means something specific to Maximo. When you configure an External System in Maximo you choose your endpoint (such as out of the box MXIFACETABLE) the properties for that endpoint determine whether or not you are trying to connect to a different database or use the local database. The ISREMOTE property states whether or not it's a remote database and additional properties like URL, driver, username, and password configure how you're going to connect to that system if it is remote. In most cases, MXIN_INTER_TRANS and IFACE tables would be created on the Maximo database itself. You would then populate these tables through some sort of integration and Maximo would then pull from these tables using the IFACETABLECONSUMER cron task.

This integration would need access to the other system (I'm refraining from using External System as stated above) to either pull the data to insert into Maximo or Maximo would need access to the other system to create the interface tables and pull the information from those tables (and those tables would still have to be populated on the other database). To this point, we typically have a process that links the two systems by pulling information from the other system and inserting it into the Maximo iface tables using an ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tool as there typically has to be conversions of values and populating of values that don't exist in the other system.

• maximo_TND
    maximo_TND
    45 Posts

‏2013-09-16T01:08:23Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-07-02T01:42:21Z

MXIN_INTER_TRANS is for Maximo to know which records to process in the interface table (since all records could be stored in the IFACE table indefinitely). There's a transid and transseq field on each IFACE table and the MXIN_INTER_TRANS would store the transid, method (such as Add/Change), external system name, and enterprise service.

I'm going to qualify the term External System because that means something specific to Maximo. When you configure an External System in Maximo you choose your endpoint (such as out of the box MXIFACETABLE) the properties for that endpoint determine whether or not you are trying to connect to a different database or use the local database. The ISREMOTE property states whether or not it's a remote database and additional properties like URL, driver, username, and password configure how you're going to connect to that system if it is remote. In most cases, MXIN_INTER_TRANS and IFACE tables would be created on the Maximo database itself. You would then populate these tables through some sort of integration and Maximo would then pull from these tables using the IFACETABLECONSUMER cron task.

This integration would need access to the other system (I'm refraining from using External System as stated above) to either pull the data to insert into Maximo or Maximo would need access to the other system to create the interface tables and pull the information from those tables (and those tables would still have to be populated on the other database). To this point, we typically have a process that links the two systems by pulling information from the other system and inserting it into the Maximo iface tables using an ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tool as there typically has to be conversions of values and populating of values that don't exist in the other system.

Hello,

Do we need to change any configuration file such as web.xml or any other file in order to start thus functionality?
    My IFACECONSUMER cron is running. Shows me last run time. My record in that queue table MXIN_INTER_TRANS table is just sitting. No error or nothing under IMPORTMESSAGE. External System and Enterprise Service is enabled. Cron task parameters set correctly. IFACE end point property set correctly.

But still cron is not reading from Queue table.