• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-30T10:57:03Z by MohammedNiaz
MohammedNiaz
MohammedNiaz
7 Posts

Pinned topic ODBC/DB2 Streams Applications

‏2013-08-29T02:25:24Z |

Hello All,

How to create an Application for connecting database using db toolkit because whenever I create application it doesn't contain the connections.xml file which use to connect to database.

Is there any specific procedure to be follow ?

• RajeshKumarMandal
    RajeshKumarMandal
    21 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ODBC/DB2 Streams Applications

‏2013-08-30T10:17:15Z  

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

Had gone through the said link and in that it mentioned only to use shared connections.xml file avoid errors.

If correct me if wrong, to use the db toolkit in an application simply using keyword:use in spl file is enough but in order to have the connections.xml file in a specific application HOW WE SHOULD CREATE/COPY THIS CONNECTIONS FILE?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Niaz,

You can create a directory with name "etc" in your "Resources" folder of your Infostreams project which you are working on and with in this "etc" folder you can copy the connections.xml

All above steps can be done manually using Streams or back end linux commands.

But make sure of using this path in your ODBCxx operator for "ConnectionDocument" parameter.

connectionDocument : "./etc/connections.xml" ;

We have performed this task and it worked for us.

Thanks,

Rajesh

• MohammedNiaz
    MohammedNiaz
    7 Posts

‏2013-08-30T07:21:16Z  

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

Had gone through the said link and in that it mentioned only to use shared connections.xml file avoid errors.

If correct me if wrong, to use the db toolkit in an application simply using keyword:use in spl file is enough but in order to have the connections.xml file in a specific application HOW WE SHOULD CREATE/COPY THIS CONNECTIONS FILE?

Thanks in advance.

• RajeshKumarMandal
    RajeshKumarMandal
    21 Posts

‏2013-08-30T10:17:15Z  

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Niaz,

You can create a directory with name "etc" in your "Resources" folder of your Infostreams project which you are working on and with in this "etc" folder you can copy the connections.xml

But make sure of using this path in your ODBCxx operator for "ConnectionDocument" parameter.

Thanks,

Rajesh

• MohammedNiaz
    MohammedNiaz
    7 Posts

‏2013-08-30T10:57:03Z  

Hello Niaz,

Thanks,

Rajesh

Hello Rajesh,

I was also thinking the same creating etc folder and placing connections.xml file but I did not give a try on this exercise so started this topic.

Thanks for your answer, will work it out.