Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-29T17:48:05Z by MyScreen2
MyScreen2
MyScreen2
41 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Liberty Security (Admin Console)

‏2014-01-29T17:12:38Z |

In WAS we always configured a domain account and setup security such that you had to sign onto the admin console with the id/pwd.  You also had to supply this if you started/stopped the server through the batch file (not necessarily the service).

In Liberty, is there a need for such a user?  I know there is no console (yet?), but when I stop and start a Liberty server using the batch command should I need to provide a user/pwd?  Maybe I do not have the server.xml file configured, or maybe there is no need in Liberty now.

I'm still looking through the documentation but have not seen anything yet.  Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

• Alasdair
    Alasdair
    55 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Liberty Security (Admin Console)

‏2014-01-29T17:43:27Z  in response to MyScreen2

Hi,

The Liberty profile can only be stopped by the OS user that launched the server process in the first place. As a result there is no need to provide a userid/password.

If you enable the restConnector-1.0 feature then you will need to configure a user registry and a userid/password that will be used to login and use the restConnector to access the JMX connector.

I hope this answers your question
    Alasdair

• MyScreen2
      MyScreen2
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Liberty Security (Admin Console)

‏2014-01-29T17:48:05Z  in response to Alasdair

Thanks for the answer.  Just what I needed to know.