Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-07T12:27:43Z by Sachin.Phatak
Sachin.Phatak
Sachin.Phatak
15 Posts

Pinned topic OR logic in screen recognition criteria

‏2014-01-31T13:32:12Z |

When creating screen customizations we can add condtions for screen recognition in AND clause by default. I don't see any way to add conditions in OR clause. For example I want to apply same transformation if the string at row 1 and column 2 of the screen either contains 'ABC' or 'XYZ'. At this moment only option I have is to create to separate screen customizations. Adding more screen customizations will definitely impact the performance. Is ther any other way to overcome this issue

• SanthiRamala
    SanthiRamala
    36 Posts

Re: OR logic in screen recognition criteria

‏2014-02-05T16:20:59Z  

Hi Sachin,

After creating screen customization open the Screen Recognition Criteria tab and add two screen recognition criteria, one for matching "ABC" and another for matching "XYZ" but make one of these criteria optional = true.

For example, if  "XYZ"  criteria Optional = true,  then  make "ABC" criteria Optional = false

Try if this works for you requirement.

Best Regards
    Santhi

• tmparker
    tmparker
    519 Posts

‏2014-02-05T21:54:16Z  

Hi Sachin,

You should probably read the section entitled "Optional attribute" here in the InfoCenter, http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/hatshelp/v90/topic/com.ibm.hats.doc/doc/md1_screen_description.htm.  This will explain to you how the logic for screen descriptors works in HATS.

Thanks
    Tim

• Sachin.Phatak
    Sachin.Phatak
    15 Posts

‏2014-02-07T12:27:43Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2014-02-05T21:54:16Z

Hi Sachin,

You should probably read the section entitled "Optional attribute" here in the InfoCenter, http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/hatshelp/v90/topic/com.ibm.hats.doc/doc/md1_screen_description.htm.  This will explain to you how the logic for screen descriptors works in HATS.

Thanks
    Tim

Thanks Santhi and Tim. This will help to implement the OR logic.