• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-11-30T00:34:17Z by sgarcia0033
PARTHKAUSHIK
PARTHKAUSHIK
13 Posts

Pinned topic DB2 with IBM Tririga on Websphere Application Server

‏2017-05-24T14:31:23Z |

Hello People, 

I am getting a strange error when I am trying to deploy to Tririga with Websphere application server.  Tririga doesn't come up and throws an exception. Interestingly, when i point a Liberty Application on the same DB , it works well. Here are the error logs:

Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-805, SQLSTATE=51002, SQLERRMC=NULLIDR1.SYSSH200 0X5359534C564C3031, DRIVER=4.18.60 DSRA0010E: SQL State = 51002, Error Code = -805
    at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:80)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:619)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:684)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:716)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:726)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.queryForObject(JdbcTemplate.java:794)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.queryForObject(JdbcTemplate.java:813)
    at com.tririga.platform.upgrade.UpgradeScriptsImpl.getDBBuildNumber(UpgradeScriptsImpl.java:93)
    at com.tririga.platform.upgrade.UpgradeScriptsImpl.shouldUpgradeInternal(UpgradeScriptsImpl.java:107)
    at com.tririga.platform.upgrade.UpgradeScriptsImpl.shouldUpgrade(UpgradeScriptsImpl.java:101)
    at com.tririga.platform.upgrade.UpgradeScriptsImpl.runUpgrade(UpgradeScriptsImpl.java:68)
    at com.tririga.platform.upgrade.UpgradeScripts.doUpgrade(UpgradeScripts.java:30)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:508)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:162)

... 43 more 

I have confirmed with my Network team that this not a network connectivity issue .

Any help would be appreciated. 

As always, thanks in advance. 

Parth

• Casey Cantwell
    Casey Cantwell
    177 Posts

Re: DB2 with IBM Tririga on Websphere Application Server

‏2017-05-25T08:04:17Z  

If you login to the WebSphere administration console and test the DB Connection directly in WebSphere, what is returned?

• PARTHKAUSHIK
    PARTHKAUSHIK
    13 Posts

‏2017-05-25T09:00:54Z  

If you login to the WebSphere administration console and test the DB Connection directly in WebSphere, what is returned?

So if i go to WAS console i dont see anything related to tririga  in the data sources- 

When i go to JDBC providers-> DB2 JDBC -Driver for IBM Tririga -> Data Sources and do the test connections, it returns a successful connection:

Also, when i build an app on LIberty on the same server on which i am trying to do  WAS , it works fine and the application comes up. 

Thanks,

Parth 

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    75 Posts

‏2017-06-14T00:26:23Z  

So if i go to WAS console i dont see anything related to tririga  in the data sources- 

When i go to JDBC providers-> DB2 JDBC -Driver for IBM Tririga -> Data Sources and do the test connections, it returns a successful connection:

Also, when i build an app on LIberty on the same server on which i am trying to do  WAS , it works fine and the application comes up. 

Thanks,

Parth 

Have you checked to see that both the Liberty server and the WAS server are actually using the exact same version of the DB2 driver (db2jcc4.jar)?

• jkabage
    jkabage
    2 Posts

‏2017-11-27T18:47:14Z  

We are facing same exact issue!!! Was there any resolution to this issue? Works with Liberty but not WAS Standalone!!!!!!
    Much appreciated.

• sgarcia0033
    sgarcia0033
    32 Posts

‏2017-11-30T00:34:17Z  
    • jkabage
    • ‏2017-11-27T18:47:14Z

We are facing same exact issue!!! Was there any resolution to this issue? Works with Liberty but not WAS Standalone!!!!!!
    Much appreciated.

Please submit a PMR if you do not get a response from the forum.