Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T14:27:02Z by dysonbags
dysonbags
dysonbags
14 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem installing ISA tools from WAR files

‏2013-05-01T09:21:43Z |

I've installed ISA5 v2 beta as an EAR file on my zWAS 8.5.0.1 environment. I'm now trying to install the optional tools using the WAR filers supplied. However every time I try to deploy them I get

The EAR file could be corrupt and/or incomplete. Make sure that the application is at a compatible Java(TM) Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) level for the current version of WebSphere(R) Application Server.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Deploying com.ibm.java.diagnostics.visualizer.jws.war failed.

Is the V5 beta not compatible with WAS 8.5? 

Cheers

Graham

• rbwright
    rbwright
    204 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem installing ISA tools from WAR files

‏2013-05-01T16:53:42Z  in response to dysonbags

Hi Graham,

We haven't tested specifically on zWAS 8.5, but we don't know of any reasons why ISA 5 Beta 2 wouldn't work there. I've done some searching, though, and found some comments and technotes regarding similar behavior with WAS 7. In those cases there were some deployment tweaks necessary. I'll do some more checking to see if the way the GCMV war file is built could be related to the problem.

In the meantime could you try installing either the HeapAnalyzer or Thread and Monitor Dump Analyzer (TMDA) desktop tools? GCMV is an Eclipse tool and these aren't, so I want to see if the problem could be related to Eclipse.

Could you also give me more information about the problem? Are there more messages in the WAS logs? Do you have the complete stack trace for the runtime exception? Any additional error messages or exception stacks would be helpful.

Thanks,

Russell

• dysonbags
      dysonbags
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-02T08:20:56Z  in response to rbwright

Hi Russell,

just found this in the log

Trace: 2013/05/02 09:09:13.133 02 t=8CA450 c=UNK key=P8 tag= (13007004)                                                                 
        SourceId: com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.internal.WebContainer.handleRequest                                                                 
        ExtendedMessage: BBOO0220E: SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /favicon.ico has not been defined.                           
      Trace: 2013/05/02 09:09:13.375 02 t=8CA450 c=UNK key=P8 tag= (13007004)                                                                 
        SourceId: com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.internal.WebContainer.handleRequest                                                                 
        ExtendedMessage: BBOO0220E: SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /favicon.ico has not been defined.                           
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Deploying com.ibm.jinwoo.heapanalyzer.jws.war failed.                                                       
       at com.ibm.ws.sip.application.frameworkext.SARToEARWrapperProvider.executeTask(SARToEARWrapperProvider.java:158)                       
       at com.ibm.ws.management.application.cdfj2eebridge.CDFBridgeExtensionHelper.executeEarWrapperExtension(CDFBridgeExtensionHelper.jav    
      a:233)                                                                                                                                  
       at com.ibm.ws.management.application.client.AppInstallHelper.createEarWrapperExtension(AppInstallHelper.java:1105)                     
       at com.ibm.ws.management.application.client.AppInstallHelper.createEarWrapper(AppInstallHelper.java:850)                               
       at com.ibm.ws.management.application.client.AppInstallHelper.createEarWrapper(AppInstallHelper.java:798)                               
       at com.ibm.ws.console.appmanagement.action.UploadAction.formUpload(UploadAction.java:470)                                              
       at com.ibm.ws.console.appmanagement.action.UploadAction.execute(UploadAction.java:140)                                                 
       at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(Unknown Source)                                                      
       at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(Unknown Source)                                                                   
       at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Unknown Source)                                                                      
       at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)                                                                       
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)                                                                        
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)                                                                        
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1229)                                                    
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:774)                                               
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:456)                                               
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)                                       
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:136)                                           
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:97)                                                
       at com.ibm.ws.console.core.servlet.WSCUrlFilter.setUpCommandAssistance(WSCUrlFilter.java:950)                                          
       at com.ibm.ws.console.core.servlet.WSCUrlFilter.continueStoringTaskState(WSCUrlFilter.java:499)                                        
       at com.ibm.ws.console.core.servlet.WSCUrlFilter.doFilter(WSCUrlFilter.java:320)                                                        
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:195)                                       
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:91)                                                
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:928)                                           
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1025)                                     
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:87)                                      
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:895)                                                           
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662)                                                      
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:195)                                                         
       at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:459)                                 
       at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:526)                                     
       at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:312)                                       
       at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:283)                                                
       at com.ibm.ws390.channel.xmem.XMemConnLink.ready(XMemConnLink.java:900)                                                                
       at com.ibm.ws390.channel.xmem.XMemInboundChannel.handleRequest(XMemInboundChannel.java:362)                                            
       at com.ibm.ws390.xmem.XMemSRBridgeImpl.httpinvoke(XMemSRBridgeImpl.java:109)                                                           
       at com.ibm.ws390.xmem.XMemSRCppUtilities.httpinvoke(XMemSRCppUtilities.java:75)                                                            
       at com.ibm.ws390.orb.ServerRegionBridge.httpinvoke(ServerRegionBridge.java:206)                                                            
       at com.ibm.ws390.orb.CommonBridge.getAndProcessWork(CommonBridge.java:670)                                                                 
       at com.ibm.ws390.orb.CommonBridge.runApplicationThread(CommonBridge.java:601)                                                              
       at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool£ZOSWorker.run(ThreadPool.java:2042)                                                                          
      Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Deployment failed. can not copy /websphere/v8r5/zdcell/zddmnode/DeploymentManager/profiles/de        
      fault/wstemp/1438643909/upload/com.ibm.jinwoo.heapanalyzer.jws.war to /websphere/v8r5/zdcell/zddmnode/DeploymentManager/profiles/def        
      ault/logs/sar2war_tempDir_1367482234366//com.ibm.jinwoo.heapanalyzer.jws.war                                                                
       at com.ibm.ws.sip.application.frameworkext.SARToEARWrapperProvider.copyFile(SARToEARWrapperProvider.java:186)                              
       at com.ibm.ws.sip.application.frameworkext.SARToEARWrapperProvider.executeTask(SARToEARWrapperProvider.java:137)                           
       ... 41 more                                                                                                                                
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: EDC5124I Too many open files. (errno2=0x07360344)                                                           
       at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map(FileChannelImpl.java:758)                                                                                
       at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferFromFileChannel(FileChannelImpl.java:542)                                                            
       at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferFrom(FileChannelImpl.java:605)                                                                       
       at com.ibm.ws.sip.application.frameworkext.SARToEARWrapperProvider.copyFile(SARToEARWrapperProvider.java:184)                              
       ... 42 more                                                                                                                              

I think that EDC5124I message is the one?  If I remember rightly that's due to a parm in the OMVS segment of the DMGR's userid. Can you confirm this? I'll have a play around and see what I can find.

BTW get the same error for the heap analyser tool too, but you'd expect that it this OMVS parm is the cause of the problem.

Cheers

Graham

• rbwright
        rbwright
        204 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T20:18:27Z  in response to dysonbags

Hi Graham,

I'm not familiar with zWAS or OMVS parameters, so I might not be much help here. I agree, though, that the problem seems to be the "too many open files" exception. I found an APAR that might be related to this, but I'm not certain: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM70159. In your original post you said that you're using 8.5.0.1 and this APAR says the fix is available for 8.5.0.2. If that doesn't help then you might try posting this problem to the WebSphere Application Server forum: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000266.

Regards,

Russell

• dysonbags
          dysonbags
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-07T14:27:02Z  in response to rbwright

Hi Russell,

Interesting APAR. Doesn't apply in this case though, as the error message (once I found it) is reasonably useful. The OMVS parms mentioned in it are the ones I was thinking of. I have changed them in the appropriate userid and bounced the server and I'm now able to deploy the WAR files.

Of course, bouncing the DMGR might have cleared the problem anyway. I probably should have tried that, it's always worth a try.

Anyway, this one's fixed. Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Graham