Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-09T14:43:04Z by dysonbags
dysonbags
dysonbags
14 Posts

Pinned topic Problem adding a case

‏2013-05-01T09:27:23Z |

I've deployed ISA V5 beta 2 as an EAR on a zWAS 8.5.0.1 system. I can start the application in my browser and get the admin console screen. I can navigate around the various tabs etc without a problem. However if I try to add a case, after clicking "add" and typing in the details, I click on the little tick and all I get is a message saying "loading". This just hangs for as long as I let it. 

Any idea what the problem might be? 

Cheers

Graham

• rbwright
    rbwright
    227 Posts

Re: Problem adding a case

‏2013-05-01T17:00:01Z  

Hi Graham,

My first suggestion is to make sure that the filestore.root property in isa.properties is set to the location where you want to store cases. You also need to ensure that the cases directory exists. See the "Installation Steps" section of the technote titled "EAR deployment installation of IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Team Server Beta 2" for more information: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27024926.

Regards,

Russell

• dysonbags
    dysonbags
    14 Posts

‏2013-05-02T08:08:27Z  
    • rbwright
    • ‏2013-05-01T17:00:01Z

Hi Graham,

My first suggestion is to make sure that the filestore.root property in isa.properties is set to the location where you want to store cases. You also need to ensure that the cases directory exists. See the "Installation Steps" section of the technote titled "EAR deployment installation of IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Team Server Beta 2" for more information: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27024926.

Regards,

Russell

Hi Russell,

thanks for the reply.

I have my isa.properties file in D:\users\myuserid, we don't have an equivalent on the C drive. Just the way we set things up here. Would that cause a problem?

Looking in the properties file, it says it defaults to the ISA5/isa directory. This exists and has cases in it from when I ran ISA on my PC (started with the bat file) rather than running on WAS. The full path is C:\Program Files\ISA5Beta2\ISA5\isa\cases - maybe I've interpreted the comments incorrectly and it's not that directory that it will be looking in?

If I do specify a directory in here I would prefer it to be a directory off  D:\users\myuserid. How do I specify that? 

Cheers

Graham

• rbwright
    rbwright
    227 Posts

‏2013-05-03T19:58:28Z  
    • dysonbags
    • ‏2013-05-02T08:08:27Z

Hi Russell,

thanks for the reply.

I have my isa.properties file in D:\users\myuserid, we don't have an equivalent on the C drive. Just the way we set things up here. Would that cause a problem?

Looking in the properties file, it says it defaults to the ISA5/isa directory. This exists and has cases in it from when I ran ISA on my PC (started with the bat file) rather than running on WAS. The full path is C:\Program Files\ISA5Beta2\ISA5\isa\cases - maybe I've interpreted the comments incorrectly and it's not that directory that it will be looking in?

If I do specify a directory in here I would prefer it to be a directory off  D:\users\myuserid. How do I specify that? 

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham,

ISA 5 Beta 2 is supported only on the C drive for Windows, so it's possible that having the user ID files on a different drive could be a problem. I'm not sure how we ask the system for the location of the user's account.

Since ISA 5 Beta 2 supports only drive C on Windows there isn't a way to tell it to looks for the cases on a different drive. ISA 5 interprets all absolute paths as beginning at drive C.

When you run the embedded server version on Windows (i.e., the one installed with Installation Manager and started with start_isa.bat) did you change the location of the cases in isa.properties? If so, did ISA find those cases?

Regards,

Russell

• dysonbags
    dysonbags
    14 Posts

‏2013-05-08T08:58:56Z  
    • rbwright
    • ‏2013-05-03T19:58:28Z

Hi Graham,

ISA 5 Beta 2 is supported only on the C drive for Windows, so it's possible that having the user ID files on a different drive could be a problem. I'm not sure how we ask the system for the location of the user's account.

Since ISA 5 Beta 2 supports only drive C on Windows there isn't a way to tell it to looks for the cases on a different drive. ISA 5 interprets all absolute paths as beginning at drive C.

When you run the embedded server version on Windows (i.e., the one installed with Installation Manager and started with start_isa.bat) did you change the location of the cases in isa.properties? If so, did ISA find those cases?

Regards,

Russell

Hi Russell,

I've managed to create a C:\Users\myuserid directory and copy the isa.properties file into it. Doesn't seem to make any difference though. The embedded server still looks in the default directory as before and the WAS version still just hangs.

I've added this line to the supplied properties file

filestore.root=/IBM/my_isa_data

and created a C:\IBM\my_isa_data.

Cheers

Graham

• RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    414 Posts

‏2013-05-08T16:00:17Z  
    • dysonbags
    • ‏2013-05-08T08:58:56Z

Hi Russell,

I've managed to create a C:\Users\myuserid directory and copy the isa.properties file into it. Doesn't seem to make any difference though. The embedded server still looks in the default directory as before and the WAS version still just hangs.

I've added this line to the supplied properties file

filestore.root=/IBM/my_isa_data

and created a C:\IBM\my_isa_data.

Cheers

Graham

Hello Gram,

Did you create the appropriate directory structures?

By default the IBM Support Assistant application will look under the
    directory <Install_dir>/ISA5/isa as the location for "case files". To
    change the location for these files, modify the 'filestore.root' property in
    the file ISA5/isa.properties.

• **Example:**
      • filestore.root=/projects/isa
        After changing the value of filestore.root property, make sure that the
        directory it point to is writable and contains:
        sub-directory 'cases'
        sub-directory 'log' containing sub directory 'tools'
      **Example of complete directory structure**
      • /projects
        • / isa
          • /cases
            /log
            • /tools
  • dysonbags
    dysonbags
    14 Posts

‏2013-05-09T09:31:45Z  

Hello Gram,

Did you create the appropriate directory structures?

By default the IBM Support Assistant application will look under the
    directory <Install_dir>/ISA5/isa as the location for "case files". To
    change the location for these files, modify the 'filestore.root' property in
    the file ISA5/isa.properties.

• **Example:**
      • filestore.root=/projects/isa
        After changing the value of filestore.root property, make sure that the
        directory it point to is writable and contains:
        sub-directory 'cases'
        sub-directory 'log' containing sub directory 'tools'
      **Example of complete directory structure**
      • /projects
        • / isa
          • /cases
            /log
            • /tools

Hi Rky,

You are right, I did forget those extra libraries. But when I added them in, it didn't make any difference. I even tried copying the example case across. Still got the same hang.

Cheers

Graham

• dysonbags
    dysonbags
    14 Posts

‏2013-05-09T14:43:04Z  
    • dysonbags
    • ‏2013-05-09T09:31:45Z

Hi Rky,

You are right, I did forget those extra libraries. But when I added them in, it didn't make any difference. I even tried copying the example case across. Still got the same hang.

Cheers

Graham

I've just seen that the Beta 3 is available. Installed it and I can now create cases, although they go tto the default location and not to my libraries as defined in the isa.properties file.

Going in the right direction though!

Cheers

Graham