• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-07T16:07:38Z by smashyrahul
smashyrahul
smashyrahul
412 Posts

Pinned topic DataPower certification

‏2013-11-04T14:58:33Z |

Hello Experts,

I wish to give DataPower certification exam. I haven't given any as of yet. Could anyone please suggest which one shall I give to start with? Also, where can I get relevant study materials?

Regards,

Rahul

• JoeMorganNTST
    JoeMorganNTST
    427 Posts

Re: DataPower certification

‏2013-11-04T19:17:37Z  

I think the best question to ask you is:

Do you have access to one or more appliances?  If so, which one(s)?

There is way more material on the IBM sites than you can absorb in any small amount of time, and then there's the stuff you need to know that isn't directly stated in that material.  I passed my certification years ago and haven't needed to go through it again, so I'm not sure what it is like now.    However, if you don't have access to an appliance, you're probably out of luck.

Yes, you could probably study like crazy and pass a test, but I'm willing to bet that if you don't have actual practice, you're taking the chance on ruining someones environment.  Of course, IBM (or other independents) would love the services they'd get to provide to fix it, you don't want that kind of thing hanging over you.

• WS3T_PowerOf_Hattusas
    28 Posts

‏2013-11-07T09:47:40Z  

I think the best question to ask you is:

Do you have access to one or more appliances?  If so, which one(s)?

There is way more material on the IBM sites than you can absorb in any small amount of time, and then there's the stuff you need to know that isn't directly stated in that material.  I passed my certification years ago and haven't needed to go through it again, so I'm not sure what it is like now.    However, if you don't have access to an appliance, you're probably out of luck.

Yes, you could probably study like crazy and pass a test, but I'm willing to bet that if you don't have actual practice, you're taking the chance on ruining someones environment.  Of course, IBM (or other independents) would love the services they'd get to provide to fix it, you don't want that kind of thing hanging over you.

I agree with Joe , however there are good to be done. If you have access to appliance, and you  are lucky that you have been a test domain attached to an exclusive network adapter , your risks will dramatically drop down.

All the better , if you have virtual appliance , you will be able to work it under VMWare 9 version.

• smashyrahul
    smashyrahul
    412 Posts

‏2013-11-07T16:07:38Z  

I agree with Joe , however there are good to be done. If you have access to appliance, and you  are lucky that you have been a test domain attached to an exclusive network adapter , your risks will dramatically drop down.

All the better , if you have virtual appliance , you will be able to work it under VMWare 9 version.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes I have an access to the box. I can access it thorugh GUI as well as command line. Also, I am actually doinf developement  in DatPower from last year or so. So I have enough Hand on to it.

is there any particular cerfication exam that you can suggest to begin with?

Regards,

Rahul

Updated on 2013-11-07T16:08:01Z at 2013-11-07T16:08:01Z by smashyrahul