2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-04-01T23:45:09Z by PRM
PRM
PRM
32 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic "Error in DXL" message after export to MS Word

‏2014-04-01T05:00:20Z |

Using DOORS client version 9.2.0.3. Build 92412

I have a DXL layout, it simply displays a red line marked up version of what is in the main column, works well, no noticable hit on performance. BUT - when I try to export a View containing this layout DXL to MS Word using the built-in export to MS Word Export feature, the respective column in MSWord is empty and the column in DOORS now displays "Error in DXL" - a refresh of the View brings it back to normal. 

Tried converting to DXL Attribute - it displays "Attribute DXL Failed".

Anyone else ever experienced this, any clues? I can't share the code, but maybe someone has experienced this before.

Paul Miller

Updated on 2014-04-01T05:00:51Z at 2014-04-01T05:00:51Z by PRM
  • llandale
    llandale
    2943 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: "Error in DXL" message after export to MS Word

‏2014-04-01T19:05:51Z  in response to PRM

Without explanation and if you are feeling sporty, try to rearrange the columns in the module such that no Attr-DXL nor Layout is adjacent to any other Attr-DXL or Layout.  Or, just export this column.

-Louie

• PRM
      PRM
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: "Error in DXL" message after export to MS Word

‏2014-04-01T23:45:09Z  in response to llandale

Thanks Louie,

As it turns out, it was the DXL font() library function causing the error - if I comment the function out, the problem went away, so some sort of incompatibility between the font() function and the code that executes the built in MS Word export function. I can live without the font() function for exports.

Paul Miller
      Melbourne, Australia