I am looking for a way to get a trigger in Doors to communicate with or run some C# code that I have written (to do some database work, messaging, and other things). It is pretty easy to go the other way (have C# initiate, run, and communicate with some DXL), but I can't seem to find a good way to do it with a trigger/DXL initiating the communication.
Ideal Methods that I can't find a way to do:
1) When trigger occurs, run an executable file directly instead of a dxl file
2) When trigger occurs, run a dxl file which then: Runs an executable file directly
3) When trigger occurs, run a dxl file which then: Sets up a socket or some type of network communication with a C# service and tells service to run
Non-Ideal methods that I can get to work but would prefer one of the above:
1) Have the trigger DXL modify a text file and have a C# service also monitoring that text file (basically text file communication)
2) Have a C# service hooking/monitoring Doors output looking for 'special output messages' that only come from the trigger DXL output.
Anybody have any experience/tips getting one of the above ideal methods working? Or perhaps a different approach to solving the problem?
Any help or tips would be appreciated! Thanks.