5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-22T18:20:51Z by MichaelGeorg
MichaelGeorg
MichaelGeorg
53 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Search in this forum

‏2013-04-22T11:16:03Z |

Hi everybody,

not looking into the forum continuously I just realized today that this DOORS DXL forum does not only look different but also works different. 

I realized that just some minutes ago, when wanted to find out how to set the default view of a module to the standard view, which probably is already described somewhere in here. So I typed different key words like "view" into the search field. but I didn't get any hits, because obviously the forum search is now searching for exact matches of complete topics.

Sound to me like a stupid question, but: Can one of you please describe me how I could search for threads of this forum that adress views?

(I've also tried to use advanced search, but then I'm not able to restrict the search to this forum, but always search in all developerWorks forum.)

- Michael

• Chris Annal
    Chris Annal
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Search in this forum

‏2013-04-22T12:13:42Z  in response to MichaelGeorg

Hi Michael,

I know that I had a similar problem when I last attempted to search for several topics, but just now I seem to be getting some results. I don't know if everything's perfect and completely fixed, but it looks like work is being done in this area to make improvements. Are you still coming up deuces when you try to search for "view"? I'm asking because I at least got four topics as a result of that search.

Cheers!

-Chris

• OurGuest
    OurGuest
    163 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T13:34:38Z  in response to MichaelGeorg

Some details about the disturbance can be found at:  https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Improvements%20in%20developerWorks%20Community

• nm3210
    nm3210
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T17:17:13Z  in response to MichaelGeorg

You can use google to search the forums to some degree of success. Often I just have to type "doors dxl" (w/o quotes) and then the search query i'm looking for and most of the time it will bring up these forums. I mean there's not much else out there. If you want to absolutely make sure just to search these forums you can use the "site:" command in your google search (example).

Now I want to point out a huge caveat, however: with this new change in software it has become incredibly hard to search for things with google and I often have to click on the 'include omitted results' link at the bottom of my search to actually find the entire thread and not just single posts.

Updated on 2013-04-22T17:20:22Z at 2013-04-22T17:20:22Z by nm3210
    • llandale
      llandale
      2943 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T17:25:14Z  in response to nm3210

It's not the new software, it's Global Warming.

• MichaelGeorg
    MichaelGeorg
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T18:20:51Z  in response to MichaelGeorg

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Miraculously the problem solved itself just some hours after I recognized it. So obviously the forum indexing is just going on and our DXL forum or the key word "view" was indexed during the last few hours.

- Michael