• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-16T15:13:19Z by KumSub
KumSub
KumSub
14 Posts

Pinned topic DataPower Export and Import

‏2013-08-14T22:07:45Z |

Hello:

I have a problem in hand trying to resolve. I have 3 services deployed in one domain. When I select export configuration for a single service and referenced objects and no inlcude all local files, I noticed some of the files that are used by the service not exported. They are not directly referenced but they are parametized within the xsl. When I export all local files, I get my files that are used by service but I also get files that are not used by service. How can I resolve this problem ?

We cannot use any alaternative method for parameterizing the file in xsl.

Is there any way in SOMA xml to say specifically  to export all files from this folder and import the same  ?

Please assist.

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    5838 Posts

Re: DataPower Export and Import

‏2013-08-15T17:54:50Z  

The simplest solution would be to have 1 domain for 1 service.

If that is not possible, and since you cannot specify a directory of files to export, this "trick" may work for you or not.

In case I do want to have only a small number of files exported explicitely, then I add a new rule never getting matched.

In that rule I do add Fetch actions, one for each file I want to get exported -- this way these files are "referenced".

Hermann.

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1395 Posts

‏2013-08-15T19:00:45Z  

One of the tricks I've used for this is to add a bogus request rule to my processing policy, one that will never be executed as there is a request rule earlier in the policy that has a match of *, so this one will never be executed.  This rule will also do a match all (although it doesn't really matter what the match does), and has 1..n fetch actions that will fetch your indirectly referenced local files.  By doing so, you now have configuration that does reference your files, so when you export your service, these files will be picked up in the export.

Regards,

Steve

• KumSub
    KumSub
    14 Posts

‏2013-08-16T15:13:09Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2013-08-15T17:54:50Z

The simplest solution would be to have 1 domain for 1 service.

If that is not possible, and since you cannot specify a directory of files to export, this "trick" may work for you or not.

In case I do want to have only a small number of files exported explicitely, then I add a new rule never getting matched.

In that rule I do add Fetch actions, one for each file I want to get exported -- this way these files are "referenced".

Hermann.

Thanks Hermann.

• KumSub
    KumSub
    14 Posts

‏2013-08-16T15:13:19Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-08-15T19:00:45Z

One of the tricks I've used for this is to add a bogus request rule to my processing policy, one that will never be executed as there is a request rule earlier in the policy that has a match of *, so this one will never be executed.  This rule will also do a match all (although it doesn't really matter what the match does), and has 1..n fetch actions that will fetch your indirectly referenced local files.  By doing so, you now have configuration that does reference your files, so when you export your service, these files will be picked up in the export.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Swlinn