Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-28T15:17:00Z by mburati
aakash_k
aakash_k
58 Posts

Pinned topic How to sync WEF Applications on a Portal 8 Cluster?

‏2013-06-28T05:13:05Z |

I have installed Portal 8 Cluster and my development environment is also Portal8. I have created deployed one app on server 1 and then created the cluster. The app was also copied onto the server2 after cluster creation.

Now when I make changes to my app, it is only reflecting when my login happens through server 1. I have also synched my nodes from 

DMGR Console>System Adminsitration>Nodes>Synchronize/Fully Resynchronize.

But changes are not reflected on the server2.

How can I solve this?

Do I have to deploy on both the servers. If so then how?

Updated on 2013-06-28T05:13:15Z at 2013-06-28T05:13:15Z by aakash_k
  • mburati
    mburati
    2561 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to sync WEF Applications on a Portal 8 Cluster?

‏2013-06-28T15:17:00Z  

It's not clear how you're making changes to your app where you say "Now when I make changes to my app".

If you're just using designer for updating the app and expecting it to synch, then Designer deployment and synch is only intended to be for local single development WAS/Portal server only,  and not for deploying to a cluster.    You should export a portlet WAR (or application WAR if you're building standalone webapps) from designer (or better yet from command line as part of your official build process, if for QA, Staging and ProductioN) and then deploy that WAR(s) as the WAS/Portal documentation instructs.

Deploying and redeploying updated WAR(s) to clusters is not WEF specific, so you need to follow the WebSphere documentation for doing so (and for redeploying and re-synching). If following their documentation and tools does not appear to be working then you may wish to try the WebSphere Application Server forum for cluster mgmt experts and/or support if you can't get any help on your specific issue there.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • mburati
    mburati
    2561 Posts

Re: How to sync WEF Applications on a Portal 8 Cluster?

‏2013-06-28T15:17:00Z  

It's not clear how you're making changes to your app where you say "Now when I make changes to my app".

If you're just using designer for updating the app and expecting it to synch, then Designer deployment and synch is only intended to be for local single development WAS/Portal server only,  and not for deploying to a cluster.    You should export a portlet WAR (or application WAR if you're building standalone webapps) from designer (or better yet from command line as part of your official build process, if for QA, Staging and ProductioN) and then deploy that WAR(s) as the WAS/Portal documentation instructs.

Deploying and redeploying updated WAR(s) to clusters is not WEF specific, so you need to follow the WebSphere documentation for doing so (and for redeploying and re-synching). If following their documentation and tools does not appear to be working then you may wish to try the WebSphere Application Server forum for cluster mgmt experts and/or support if you can't get any help on your specific issue there.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.