• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-01T15:28:05Z by smashyrahul
smashyrahul
smashyrahul
390 Posts

Pinned topic DataPower debug logging

‏2013-10-29T11:34:52Z |

Hello Experts,

I have enabled debug logging in our UAT environemnts which is being used heavily. I want to understands the effects of debbug logging on DataPower appliances. Will it cause any memory issue?

Regards,

Rahul

• ted.jump
    ted.jump
    324 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DataPower debug logging

‏2013-10-31T20:40:56Z  

On a couple of our services we have minor logging (e.g. 2 log events per transaction), and it it sent via a log target out to a remote syslog host.

This doesn't seem to affect performance or memory loading noticably.

Now, with full-on debug logging to a rolling set of files that reside on the RAID on the appliance I have seen significant performance affects. Not suggested unless you're really needing to debug something nasty.

• smashyrahul
    smashyrahul
    390 Posts

‏2013-10-29T16:30:45Z  

Anyone?

• ted.jump
    ted.jump
    324 Posts

‏2013-10-31T20:40:56Z  

On a couple of our services we have minor logging (e.g. 2 log events per transaction), and it it sent via a log target out to a remote syslog host.

Now, with full-on debug logging to a rolling set of files that reside on the RAID on the appliance I have seen significant performance affects. Not suggested unless you're really needing to debug something nasty.

• smashyrahul
    smashyrahul
    390 Posts

‏2013-11-01T15:28:05Z  
    • ted.jump
    • ‏2013-10-31T20:40:56Z

Thanks Ted,

I have checked the memory usage of the box, on which debug is enabled. Below are the statistics and they seems to be ok. Also, I am monitoring the memory usage, since last few days, it seems to be constant with 16%.

Regards,

Rahul