3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-05T14:03:01Z by TMasteen
XSeriesxpert
XSeriesxpert
32 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Migrating volume to different storage pool

‏2013-09-05T01:46:06Z |

Hi,

I have a 720GB volume from Mdiskgrp1 that I would like to migrate to Mdiskgrp2. Mdiskgrp1has 256MB extent size whereas Mdiskgrp2 has 1024MB extent size. Since both storage pool has different extent sizes, so I used the CLI to migrate them using the migratevdisk command, but still I'm getting an error which says "Command failed because the target managed disk group has not enough extent size". I'm wondering why since the target managed disk group (Mdiskgrp2) still has 1.3TB free space and I'm only migrating a 720GB volume.

Any idea,

Thanks.

• TMasteen
    TMasteen
    260 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Migrating volume to different storage pool

‏2013-09-05T11:51:19Z  in response to XSeriesxpert

You cannot use the V7000 data migration function to move a volume between storage pools that have different extent sizes. Use the volume mirroring to migrate the vdisk to another mdiskgroup (addvdiskcopy)

• XSeriesxpert
      XSeriesxpert
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-05T13:37:31Z  in response to TMasteen

So the V7000 data migration function refers to both CLI and GUI?

• TMasteen
        TMasteen
        260 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-05T14:03:01Z  in response to XSeriesxpert

V7k\SVC features can be managed by CLI and GUI. When using the GUI you can see the CLI commands in the detail screen after submitting a task. I do prefer the CLI. With the CLI you do have more control of things you're doing (like overriding default GUI settings).