Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-18T15:59:33Z by dan_darnell
dan_darnell
dan_darnell
973 Posts

Pinned topic Circular reference....how to get to blog, wiki, etc?

‏2013-04-16T19:58:47Z |

Okay, I used to have a link that took me to the EGL Cafe in developerWorks but now my link no longer works. Trouble is, I can't seem to figure out any way to get back to that developerWorks "Cafe" page for EGL for access to the Wiki, Blogs, Forum, etc.

I start with developerWorks compilers:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/compilers.html

Then I select Rational Business Developer from the list of compilers (side issue: EGL is no longer listed under "Rational Cafes").

The Rational Business Developer page has a link to the EGL Cafe but it now just takes you to where you started -- at the developerWorks compiler page.

At this point, all-things-RBD/EGL could not be better hidden from public view.

How I ever managed to get to the new forum site is somewhat of a mystery even to me...a random Google search item took me into the detail of a forum message and from there I worked my way back.

Help, please? Where is the EGL Cafe main page and could the developerWorks compiler overview and RBD compiler pages be fixed so that it is possible to simply and easily access the EGL Cafe? I would love to see the EGL Cafe link back on the list of language and it seems like the RBD page should certainly link into the Cafe instead of that link being a reference back to all compilers. Unless you are trying to tell us all to give up on EGL and pick another compiler. In which case, well done. ;-)

• TheresaRamsey
    TheresaRamsey
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Circular reference....how to get to blog, wiki, etc?

‏2013-04-16T21:51:32Z  

Hi Dan,

You can use the shortened URL ibm.com/rational/eglcafe to get to the EGL Cafe. From the EGL group, you can get to the forum (we're actually hoping to move the forum into the group soon). We're still working out some kinks after the migration/update to Connections 4.0. Plus, updates to that compiler page. Thanks for your input. 

Theresa

• TheresaRamsey
    TheresaRamsey
    1 Post

‏2013-04-16T21:51:32Z  

Hi Dan,

You can use the shortened URL ibm.com/rational/eglcafe to get to the EGL Cafe. From the EGL group, you can get to the forum (we're actually hoping to move the forum into the group soon). We're still working out some kinks after the migration/update to Connections 4.0. Plus, updates to that compiler page. Thanks for your input. 

Theresa

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

‏2013-04-18T15:59:33Z  

Hi Dan,

Theresa

That's perfect! Thanks!

--Dan