Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-12-08T15:21:57Z by srichandar
smart_dev
smart_dev
56 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WXS 8.6 connection issues

‏2013-04-29T17:51:16Z |

Hi I am using WXS 8.6 stand alone install. I have a client code connecting to the grid having below exceptions.

Can somebody please provide any pointers?

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: purge_calls:2019 Reason: CONN_ABORT (1), State: ABORT (5) vmcid: IBM minor code: 306 completed: Maybe
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.createLocationServiceWrapper(LocationServiceFactory.java:382)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.bootstrap(LocationServiceFactory.java:244)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.bootstrap(LocationServiceFactory.java:127)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.connect(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:1922)
at com.deere.fieldconnect.service.impl.cache.ExtremeScaleCacheService.initializeSecure(ExtremeScaleCacheService.java:83)
at com.deere.fieldconnect.service.impl.cache.ExtremeScaleCacheService.<init>(ExtremeScaleCacheService.java:48)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor135.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:527)
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:126)
... 110 more
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: purge_calls:2019 Reason: CONN_ABORT (1), State: ABORT (5) vmcid: IBM minor code: 306 completed: Maybe
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.purge_calls(Connection.java:2018)
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doReaderWorkOnce(Connection.java:3182)
at com.ibm.rmi.transport.ReaderThread.run(ReaderPoolImpl.java:132)

Thanks

• jhanders
    jhanders
    257 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WXS 8.6 connection issues

‏2013-05-01T12:28:20Z  in response to smart_dev

You are failing to communicate with the catalog server right away.  Either there is an issue with the host and port specified or there is a firewall preventing communication between your client and catalog server is my initial guess.  Validate that the catalog server is listening on the host and port that the client is trying to use and that it is reachable from the client.  If specifying a host name in the host port, you want to make sure the client can access it using nslookup or ping. 

I hope that helps to resolve your issue.  Reply back with additional information if the additional diagnostics doesn't help find the problem.

Jared Anderson

• smart_dev
      smart_dev
      56 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-02T13:51:59Z  in response to jhanders

Hi Jared,

I have checked the connection to the catalog host and port using telnet and got connected successfully. Also when I run the same client application on my laptop using local WAS setup it works fine but when I try to run it from my development environment for WAS, it gives me this error.

xxx.xxxx.xxx.com:/root
      # telnet catd1.xxx.xxx.com 4109
      Trying ***.**.**.**...
      Connected to 
      catd1.xxx.xxx.com ( ***.**.**.**).
      Escape character is '^]'.
      ^]
      telnet

So it seems that firewall is not the issue, I guess.

Thanks.

• devstarter
        devstarter
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T13:04:19Z  in response to smart_dev

I have seen similar problems before. If there was ever a connection established before - you can try this.

Stop the WXS Client

Restart the WXS Catalog Server(s) and the XIO Container/ObjectGrid

Start the WXS Client

Possible Causes: The listener on the Sever has stale connections and is not able to open a new one, or trying to connect to a stale connection.

A restart will restart all the sockets on the listener and when you start the client - it will be able to make the new connection.

I'm only a beginner and gave a reply just based on my previous experience. Wish you good luck on quick resolution.

• devstarter
        devstarter
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T14:28:03Z  in response to smart_dev

Also noticed your telnet command - you are possible checking the connection to your XIO Port on the client - 4109

The WXS Cllient should be configured to connect to the catalogServiceEndPoint  <default probably is 2109>  - Whatever port you configured when using the command:

startXsServer.sh catalogServer -listenerPort <ThisPort>

Check the JVM Custom Property of your Client to see what port it is configured to connect

When configuring the containter - you have ClientPort:PeerPort - DO NOT USE THIS

The WXS Client - the augmented JVM has an XIO Port - DO NOT USE this

See the following link for more details:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxsinfo/v8r6/topic/com.ibm.websphere.extremescale.doc/txsconfigclient.html

Good Luck!

• smart_dev
          smart_dev
          56 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T11:35:17Z  in response to devstarter

Devstarter,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried working on your replies, but that didn't fix the issue. 

I am not able to make a connection to the server( thus the restart option got ruled out). I have checked the port details and concluded that I am already using the correct Port details in the connection establishment.

Can you/anyone let me know what else can be done to resolve the issue?

I have already deployed WXS 8.5 Client and augmented the profile. Now I am deploying my code on the same server which has 8.6 JAR included. Would this cause a problem to the JAR conflict.

Thanks.

• srichandar
            srichandar
            1 Post
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-12-08T15:21:57Z  in response to smart_dev

Hi smart_dev,

I am also facing the same problem, any solution found.

Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: purge_calls:2019 Reason: CONN_ABORT (1), State: ABORT (5) vmcid: IBM minor code: 306 completed: Maybe
            at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.purge_calls(Connection.java:2018)
            at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doReaderWorkOnce(Connection.java:3182)
            at com.ibm.rmi.transport.ReaderThread.run(ReaderPoolImpl.java:132)