Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
22 replies Latest Post - ‏2015-05-07T17:22:58Z by bcleonard
HazelWoodcock
HazelWoodcock
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Milestone 2a: Open Questions - Product Training - Rational Integration Tester (RIT)

‏2012-12-14T10:33:35Z |
 Milestone 2: Product Training - Rational Integration Tester (RIT). Use this discussion thread for support when working on this material, and to seek help from our experts.
Updated on 2013-04-09T12:55:42Z at 2013-04-09T12:55:42Z by HazelWoodcock
  • Chandra_Palleti
    Chandra_Palleti
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Milestone 2a: Open Questions - Product Training - Rational Integration Tester (RIT)

‏2013-04-09T12:34:15Z  in response to HazelWoodcock
     Hi Hazel
    i am trying to watch RIT videos for which i need passcode to view. Could you please guide me how to get the relevant access to generate the passcode to view the videos and also  the cloud image access to work on the training manual. 
    • HazelWoodcock
      HazelWoodcock
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Milestone 2a: Open Questions - Product Training - Rational Integration Tester (RIT)

‏2013-04-09T12:55:42Z  in response to Chandra_Palleti
      Chandra,

In your learning roadmap just below where you find the link to the video, there should be another link that says  
      YOU NEED A PASSCODE TO VIEW THIS - Click HERE to get the passcode
      Follow that link to get to the page with the passcode

An image can be set up for you when you are ready to start using it, but it will only be available for a limited time, so it is best to get it running only when you are ready to use it.  Your local business partner contact should be able to arrange this for you - that would be the person who arranged for you to join the learning circle.

Hazel
      • Chandra_Palleti
        Chandra_Palleti
        16 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-17T10:40:50Z  in response to HazelWoodcock

Hi Hazel

Can i know if there is any certification offered by IBM after completing the training manuals.

Regards

Chandra 

• MorganBrown
          MorganBrown
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-18T13:14:18Z  in response to Chandra_Palleti

Hi Chandra,

There are two certifications available, you can find details here: http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/certs/rl_index.shtml

The two you are looking for are:

IBM Certified Associate Developer - Rational Integration Tester V8 - Click here

and

IBM Certified Associate Developer - Rational Test Virtualization Server V8 - Click here

The first covers Integration Testing (from Milestones 2a and 2b) and the second covers Service Virtualization (from Milestone 2c) and has the first test as a pre-requisite.

Hope this helps.

Morgan

Updated on 2013-06-18T13:15:50Z at 2013-06-18T13:15:50Z by MorganBrown
          • Chandra_Palleti
            Chandra_Palleti
            16 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-22T14:34:29Z  in response to MorganBrown

Hi Morgan

Are there any sample questions on RIT&Rational Test Virtualization Server exams,  available to practice before sitting for the exam.

Please let me know

Thanks&Regards

Chandra Palleti

• Chandra_Palleti
            Chandra_Palleti
            16 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-23T09:35:51Z  in response to MorganBrown

Hi Morgan

I am ready to take the certification, Could please let me know the procedure to book the exam.

Thanks&Regards

Chandra Palleti

• Darrel Rader
              Darrel Rader
              7 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-23T21:44:40Z  in response to Chandra_Palleti

Hi Chandra, Morgan is on vacation .. but I'll find someone who can answer your question about certification.

• Chandra_Palleti
    Chandra_Palleti
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T13:36:29Z  in response to HazelWoodcock

Hi Hazel

Can i know how many days i can get the image  access to practice on the training manuals.

Thanks&Regards

Chandra Palleti

• MorganBrown
      MorganBrown
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T15:06:53Z  in response to Chandra_Palleti

Hi

You can have a cloud instance for 21 days. This should be enough time. If it is not then you can always request another one.

Send an email to lcsuppt@us.ibm.com, and COPY/PASTE the following text into the subject line:

LEARNING CIRCLE - REQUEST FOR MACHINE INSTANCE

Within 48 hours, you will receive the information for how to access your machine.
      All machines use the Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Client, which is included with WindowsXP and later versions.

• Chandra_Palleti
        Chandra_Palleti
        16 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T14:28:48Z  in response to MorganBrown

Hi Brown

I recently got the access but unable to connect to Remote desktop due to the attached error.

Please advise

Attachments

• MorganBrown
          MorganBrown
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T16:02:30Z  in response to Chandra_Palleti

Hi Chandra, have you ever been able to log in to this image?

Let me know if this is a persistent problem and I will get Sam to restart your machine.

Thanks

Morgan

• Chandra_Palleti
            Chandra_Palleti
            16 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T09:29:20Z  in response to MorganBrown

Hi Morgan

Thanks for the response.

This is the first time i am trying to access the Remote desktop.

I had a response from Support team stating  that they have restarted the machine and advised to retry, i did try this morning, but it is  still an issue with the same error.

Please advise.

Thanks

Chandra

• MaxMarklein
    MaxMarklein
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-12T15:49:39Z  in response to HazelWoodcock

Hi all,

after being through milestone 2a.

I would like to give a hint regarding the resetDatabase Test, which is mainly about passing data between tests in Chapter 18.

The input file provided and used. has an empty column of middlename. This leads to a null value, which is passed to the SQL insert operation. In my project this was not accepted on the execution of the INSERT SQL command.

I have fixed this by setting the middlename hardcoded. For the case that anybody has an idea how to make the SQL operation work with a passed null, I would be very interested in that.

Best regards,

Max

• MattTarnawsky
      MattTarnawsky
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T09:29:39Z  in response to MaxMarklein

Hi Max,

There shouldn't be a problem with that example - I've tested it a number of times.  My best guess is that you've set "Treat empty strings as null" on in the data source configuration.  It should be off by default, and if it's left off, it should give an empty string, rather than a null value.  An empty string shouldn't cause any problems with the tests that you're asked to create.

Could you please check this - if that's not the case, please add a screenshot of the configuration of the data source within RIT.

In case anyone's curious how you would handle the situation of being passed a null value, you could use a short bit of ECMA Script to check for a null value in your tag, then set it to a default value if it's null, and otherwise leave it alone.  That's a bit more complex than what we want to do in the training course, but makes things a bit more reliable in the real world.

Cheers,

Matt

• MaxMarklein
        MaxMarklein
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T19:38:39Z  in response to MattTarnawsky

Hi Matt,

I checked the "treat empty strings as null" checkbox, but it was unchecked, like the default value is.

I was not sure what might have been the problem, so that I tried again to get this test running. Now it works.

The only small problem I was facing on the second try, was due to a wrong placed comma. Maybe such a problem was the reason, when I tried it last week. But usually this can be easily seen, du to the blue underline.

Anyway, you are right, it works as described. Thanks for your help,

Max

• Chandra_Palleti
    Chandra_Palleti
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T13:59:04Z  in response to HazelWoodcock

Hi Brown/Hazel

As a part of Create Test Using MEP, i am stucked with the attached error where i supposed to find a request message but instead there is a response message poping up. I am referring to Page 65, exercise 9.5, in RIT Training Manual. 

Please advise.

Regards

Chandra

• Chandra_Palleti
    Chandra_Palleti
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T14:53:05Z  in response to HazelWoodcock

Hi Hazel/Brown

Referring to 8.3--Building Operations from Recorded Event--Point no.12

Adding payment schema to Multinational Credit card, where we should see the namespace(tns) update within all fields of the message once schema added but it is not updating.  it worked for Make booking Request/Reply messages.

Please advise

Thanks&Regards

Chandra Palleti

• Chandra_Palleti
    Chandra_Palleti
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-18T10:14:28Z  in response to HazelWoodcock

Hi Hazel/Morgan

I am unable to view RIT training manual page no 108 on wards as its buffering and i waited really long to see if it opens up but it hasn't.

Please advise

Thanks&Regards

Chandra

• Chandra_Palleti
      Chandra_Palleti
      16 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-18T10:29:15Z  in response to Chandra_Palleti

Hi Hazel/Morgan

Sorry,

Ignore buffering issue as it was the PC i was using which is very slow. worked fine with my laptop.

Regards

Chandra

• Chandra_Palleti
        Chandra_Palleti
        16 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-14T09:40:58Z  in response to Chandra_Palleti

Hi

Please advise on the below listed questions.

1)Is there any Cloud implementation template available
        2)What time frames do we need to quote to set up/implement cloud test environments
        3)How is the security maintained
        4)Is there a way to raise and track defects using RIT or do we have to use QC separately for defects initiation&tracking.

Thanks&Regards

Chandra Palleti

• bcleonard
    bcleonard
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-05-07T17:22:58Z  in response to HazelWoodcock

Is there a new set of instructions for requesting a cloud instance?  Emails to lcsuppt@us.ibm.com are bouncing.

Brad