Topic
  • 13 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-08T17:07:17Z by MGamboa
MGamboa
MGamboa
105 Posts

Pinned topic Feature Plugin loads successfully but fails on Desktop configuration

‏2013-04-25T16:45:58Z |

I created a Feature Plugin and was able to upload and configure it successfully on two separate Content Navigators using Firebox on Windows 7 64bit OS.

However, connecting to another (3rd) Content Navigator using both a Windows XP 32bit and Windows 7 32bit OS's, I was able to upload same jar file successfully but when I went to a Navigator Desktop to add the feature, I received the following error:

"A connection to the web client cannot be established by using the following URL:/navigator.

This error can be caused by a configuration problem on the web application server or by a problem with the web client

Try to log in again.  If the problem persists, report this error to you system Aministrator

The following error was returned:."

I would appreciate any help understanding what the problem might be:

Thank you

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

Re: Feature Plugin loads successfully but fails on Desktop configuration

‏2013-04-26T13:33:14Z  

I am starting to think this might be an issue with the Content Navigator installation.

I have been able to load the plugin and add the feature to a desktop on 2 separate Content Navigator systems using client and browsers with various OS's.

However, on the one Content Navigator installation that fails, I am able to install the plugin, but then I go to add a feature to a desktop that is when the error occurs.

Are there any possible Content Navigator installation problems that might cause this issue that would be outside of the plugin?

Thanks,

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

‏2013-04-26T15:06:26Z  
    • MGamboa
    • ‏2013-04-26T13:33:14Z

I am starting to think this might be an issue with the Content Navigator installation.

I have been able to load the plugin and add the feature to a desktop on 2 separate Content Navigator systems using client and browsers with various OS's.

However, on the one Content Navigator installation that fails, I am able to install the plugin, but then I go to add a feature to a desktop that is when the error occurs.

Are there any possible Content Navigator installation problems that might cause this issue that would be outside of the plugin?

Thanks,

There aren't enough details here to be able to provide any meaningful help.  A lot of things could go wrong with the installation if you skip steps or try to do things manually.  Questions I'd have:

1.  What does your plugin do?

2.  What errors are shown in the JavaScript console when you run in ?debug=true mode?

3.  Are all 3 ICN's using one database?  If so, is the plugin file in the same directory / location for all systems?

4.  What errors are in the WAS logs?

5.  Are the 3 ICN's installed on the same, supported server OS?

6.  What version of ICN are you running?  Are all 3 the same?

probably others I'm forgetting but generally we'd need a lot more detail to provide any meaningful direction.

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

‏2013-04-26T18:08:51Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-26T15:06:26Z

There aren't enough details here to be able to provide any meaningful help.  A lot of things could go wrong with the installation if you skip steps or try to do things manually.  Questions I'd have:

1.  What does your plugin do?

2.  What errors are shown in the JavaScript console when you run in ?debug=true mode?

3.  Are all 3 ICN's using one database?  If so, is the plugin file in the same directory / location for all systems?

4.  What errors are in the WAS logs?

5.  Are the 3 ICN's installed on the same, supported server OS?

6.  What version of ICN are you running?  Are all 3 the same?

probably others I'm forgetting but generally we'd need a lot more detail to provide any meaningful direction.

The big difference between the servers is that servers running Windows 7 allow plugin to install successfully, but the server that fails to allow install is running AIX v6.1 TL7

1.  The plugin adds a feature that will allow user to add document.  This never runs because of issue with installing the plugin.

2.  The errors are inconsistent, but there are two types.  One is the error message in my initial post:

"A connection to the web client cannot be established by using the following URL:/navigator.

This error can be caused by a configuration problem on the web application server or by a problem with the web client

Try to log in again.  If the problem persists, report this error to you system Aministrator

The other error is:

The COMPANY_AddDocument plug-in contains errors:
    "An error occurred when evaluating the JavaScript for the COMPANY_AddDocument plug-in. If you continue to use the web client, you might encounter additional errors.

Contact your system administrator.

There is a problem with the plug-in that needs to be resolved by the plug-in provider. It is recommended that you remove the plug-in from your web client configuration until the problem with the plug-in is resolved."

On Windows IE there is an additional error:

"declare AddDocumentDojo.AppAddDocument: mixin #0 is unknown.  Did you use dojo.require to pull it in"

dojo.js.jgz Line 27593

That line associates with

"url:dijit/form/templates/Spinner.html":"<div class=\"dijit dijitReset dijitInline dijitLeft\"\n\tid=\"widget_${id}\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t><div class=\"dijitReset dijitButtonNode dijitSpinnerButtonContainer\"\n\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField dijitSpinnerButtonInner\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t\t/><div class=\"dijitReset dijitLeft dijitButtonNode dijitArrowButton dijitUpArrowButton\"\n\t\t\tdata-dojo-attach-point=\"upArrowNode\"\n\t\t\t><div class=\"dijitArrowButtonInner\"\n\t\t\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField\" value=\"&#9650;\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t\t\t\t\t${_buttonInputDisabled}\n\t\t\t/></div\n\t\t></div\n\t\t><div class=\"dijitReset dijitLeft dijitButtonNode dijitArrowButton dijitDownArrowButton\"\n\t\t\tdata-dojo-attach-point=\"downArrowNode\"\n\t\t\t><div class=\"dijitArrowButtonInner\"\n\t\t\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField\" value=\"&#9660;\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t\t\t\t\t${_buttonInputDisabled}\n\t\t\t/></div\n\t\t></div\n\t></div\n\t><div class='dijitReset dijitValidationContainer'\n\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField dijitValidationIcon dijitValidationInner\" value=\"&#935;\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t/></div\n\t><div class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField dijitInputContainer\"\n\t\t><input class='dijitReset dijitInputInner' data-dojo-attach-point=\"textbox,focusNode\" type=\"${type}\" data-dojo-attach-event=\"onkeypress:_onKeyPress\"\n\t\t\trole=\"spinbutton\" autocomplete=\"off\" ${!nameAttrSetting}\n\t/></div\n></div>\n", "dojo/_base/declare":function () {

3.  No, they are not using same DB

4.  There were no error messages in WAS logs.

5.  The server having the problems is running on AIX.  The servers running on Windows 7 are not having the problem.  Same plugin is able to install without problems.

6.  All are using ICN 2.0.1

Thank you

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

‏2013-04-26T19:13:21Z  
    • MGamboa
    • ‏2013-04-26T18:08:51Z

The big difference between the servers is that servers running Windows 7 allow plugin to install successfully, but the server that fails to allow install is running AIX v6.1 TL7

1.  The plugin adds a feature that will allow user to add document.  This never runs because of issue with installing the plugin.

2.  The errors are inconsistent, but there are two types.  One is the error message in my initial post:

The other error is:

The COMPANY_AddDocument plug-in contains errors:
    "An error occurred when evaluating the JavaScript for the COMPANY_AddDocument plug-in. If you continue to use the web client, you might encounter additional errors.

Contact your system administrator.

There is a problem with the plug-in that needs to be resolved by the plug-in provider. It is recommended that you remove the plug-in from your web client configuration until the problem with the plug-in is resolved."

On Windows IE there is an additional error:

"declare AddDocumentDojo.AppAddDocument: mixin #0 is unknown.  Did you use dojo.require to pull it in"

dojo.js.jgz Line 27593

That line associates with

"url:dijit/form/templates/Spinner.html":"<div class=\"dijit dijitReset dijitInline dijitLeft\"\n\tid=\"widget_${id}\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t><div class=\"dijitReset dijitButtonNode dijitSpinnerButtonContainer\"\n\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField dijitSpinnerButtonInner\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t\t/><div class=\"dijitReset dijitLeft dijitButtonNode dijitArrowButton dijitUpArrowButton\"\n\t\t\tdata-dojo-attach-point=\"upArrowNode\"\n\t\t\t><div class=\"dijitArrowButtonInner\"\n\t\t\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField\" value=\"&#9650;\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t\t\t\t\t${_buttonInputDisabled}\n\t\t\t/></div\n\t\t></div\n\t\t><div class=\"dijitReset dijitLeft dijitButtonNode dijitArrowButton dijitDownArrowButton\"\n\t\t\tdata-dojo-attach-point=\"downArrowNode\"\n\t\t\t><div class=\"dijitArrowButtonInner\"\n\t\t\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField\" value=\"&#9660;\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t\t\t\t\t${_buttonInputDisabled}\n\t\t\t/></div\n\t\t></div\n\t></div\n\t><div class='dijitReset dijitValidationContainer'\n\t\t><input class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField dijitValidationIcon dijitValidationInner\" value=\"&#935;\" type=\"text\" tabIndex=\"-1\" readonly=\"readonly\" role=\"presentation\"\n\t/></div\n\t><div class=\"dijitReset dijitInputField dijitInputContainer\"\n\t\t><input class='dijitReset dijitInputInner' data-dojo-attach-point=\"textbox,focusNode\" type=\"${type}\" data-dojo-attach-event=\"onkeypress:_onKeyPress\"\n\t\t\trole=\"spinbutton\" autocomplete=\"off\" ${!nameAttrSetting}\n\t/></div\n></div>\n", "dojo/_base/declare":function () {

3.  No, they are not using same DB

4.  There were no error messages in WAS logs.

5.  The server having the problems is running on AIX.  The servers running on Windows 7 are not having the problem.  Same plugin is able to install without problems.

6.  All are using ICN 2.0.1

Thank you

We don't support servers on Windows 7 so I'm not sure what that means, I guess you mean a development setup.  This isn't an issue where it's working on 2 machines and not another - the plugin is failing because there is a bug somewhere in the code.  I'd suggest using Chrome or Firefox to get access to the developer tools there.  You should run ICN in debug mode by using ?debug=true on the URL so you can see exactly what's happening.

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

‏2013-04-26T19:25:04Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-26T19:13:21Z

We don't support servers on Windows 7 so I'm not sure what that means, I guess you mean a development setup.  This isn't an issue where it's working on 2 machines and not another - the plugin is failing because there is a bug somewhere in the code.  I'd suggest using Chrome or Firefox to get access to the developer tools there.  You should run ICN in debug mode by using ?debug=true on the URL so you can see exactly what's happening.

Yes, in my development environment I have WAS installed on a Windows OS.  Then on that install of WAS, Content Navigator was installed.  On that environment, I was able to install my plugin without problems and it functions without any issues.

Next, I moved to AIX.  I took an install of WAS with Content Navigator and tried to upload my Plugin.  In that environment it is failing.  I don't understand how the same plugin can install and function on Windows installation but fail to install on AIX.

Thanks for you help.  I will continue to investigate.

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

‏2013-04-27T17:12:48Z  
    • MGamboa
    • ‏2013-04-26T19:25:04Z

Yes, in my development environment I have WAS installed on a Windows OS.  Then on that install of WAS, Content Navigator was installed.  On that environment, I was able to install my plugin without problems and it functions without any issues.

Next, I moved to AIX.  I took an install of WAS with Content Navigator and tried to upload my Plugin.  In that environment it is failing.  I don't understand how the same plugin can install and function on Windows installation but fail to install on AIX.

Thanks for you help.  I will continue to investigate.

How are you registering the plugin?  Using a URL or a file path?  Does anything in your plugin code reference files that reside elsewhere?  Or possibly reference files on the file system?

Does your plugin reference any third party libraries?  Or does the code do anything else that is possibly OS specific?

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

‏2013-04-27T19:21:56Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-27T17:12:48Z

How are you registering the plugin?  Using a URL or a file path?  Does anything in your plugin code reference files that reside elsewhere?  Or possibly reference files on the file system?

Does your plugin reference any third party libraries?  Or does the code do anything else that is possibly OS specific?

On the Windows environment, I have registered the plugin using file path on server and also from URL, and both have allowed me to register without issues.

On the AIX environment, I have registered the plugin using file path on server which is failing.

Yes, there are references to files on system but those are in Java plugin services logic which is never reached because of failure to register plugin.  But I did verify reference paths are appropriate for AIX.

The plugins doesn't reference any third party libraries or OS resources.

Thank you for your continued help with this issue.

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

‏2013-04-29T12:54:28Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-27T17:12:48Z

Here are error messages.  First is from server, below are two from client browser.

The following exceptions were from server system out.

[4/26/13 14:38:01:502 CDT] 00000036 SystemOut     O CIWEB Error: [c127 @ km06086.corp.bcbsks.com] com.ibm.ecm.mediator.LayoutConfigMediator.writeJSONMediator()
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com/ibm/ecm/extension/PluginFeature.isPreLoad()Z
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.LayoutConfigMediator.toJSONObject(LayoutConfigMediator.java:128)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.toJSONString(BaseMediator.java:338)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSON(BaseMediator.java:422)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSON(BaseMediator.java:406)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSONResponse(BaseMediator.java:464)
        at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.BaseAction.writeJSONMediator(BaseAction.java:636)
        at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.ListLayoutConfigAction.executeBaseAction(ListLayoutConfigAction.java:77)
        at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:176)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at com.ibm.ecm.struts.controller.ControllerServlet.process(ControllerServlet.java:239)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:738)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1597)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:104)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:181)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3944)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:276)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:931)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1592)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)
        at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:816)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
        at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1646)

[4/26/13 14:38:01:507 CDT] 00000036 SystemOut     O CIWEB Error: [c127 @ km06086.corp.bcbsks.com] com.ibm.ecm.mediator.LayoutConfigMediator.writeJSONMediator()
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: SRVE0199E: OutputStream already obtained
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.getWriter(SRTServletResponse.java:742)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSONResponse(BaseMediator.java:485)
        at com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.ListLayoutConfigAction.executeBaseAction(ListLayoutConfigAction.java:77)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
        at com.ibm.ecm.struts.controller.ControllerServlet.process(ControllerServlet.java:239)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1597)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:104)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:181)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1592)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)
        at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:816)

The following are found on client side.  These seem to occur interchangablility:

09:18:42.343 CIWEB ERROR: ecm.model.Desktop._desktopLoaded ---
    Error evaluating JavaScript for plugin COMPANY_AddDocument ---
    declare AddDocumentDojo.AppAddDocument: mixin #0 is unknown. Did you use dojo.require to pull it in?

09:26:50.925 CIWEB ERROR: ecm.model.Request._onFinished --- Bad response (not JSON?):  --- URL=/navigator/listLayoutConfig.do HEADERS=Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Content-Encoding: gzip
    Content-Language: en-US
    Content-Length: 10
    Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:27:27 GMT
    Server: WebSphere Application Server/7.0

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

‏2013-04-30T12:47:30Z  
    • MGamboa
    • ‏2013-04-29T12:54:28Z

Here are error messages.  First is from server, below are two from client browser.

The following exceptions were from server system out.

[4/26/13 14:38:01:502 CDT] 00000036 SystemOut     O CIWEB Error: [c127 @ km06086.corp.bcbsks.com] com.ibm.ecm.mediator.LayoutConfigMediator.writeJSONMediator()
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com/ibm/ecm/extension/PluginFeature.isPreLoad()Z
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.LayoutConfigMediator.toJSONObject(LayoutConfigMediator.java:128)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.toJSONString(BaseMediator.java:338)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSON(BaseMediator.java:422)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSON(BaseMediator.java:406)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSONResponse(BaseMediator.java:464)

[4/26/13 14:38:01:507 CDT] 00000036 SystemOut     O CIWEB Error: [c127 @ km06086.corp.bcbsks.com] com.ibm.ecm.mediator.LayoutConfigMediator.writeJSONMediator()
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: SRVE0199E: OutputStream already obtained
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.getWriter(SRTServletResponse.java:742)
        at com.ibm.ecm.mediator.BaseMediator.writeJSONResponse(BaseMediator.java:485)

The following are found on client side.  These seem to occur interchangablility:

09:18:42.343 CIWEB ERROR: ecm.model.Desktop._desktopLoaded ---
    Error evaluating JavaScript for plugin COMPANY_AddDocument ---
    declare AddDocumentDojo.AppAddDocument: mixin #0 is unknown. Did you use dojo.require to pull it in?

09:26:50.925 CIWEB ERROR: ecm.model.Request._onFinished --- Bad response (not JSON?):  --- URL=/navigator/listLayoutConfig.do HEADERS=Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Content-Encoding: gzip
    Content-Language: en-US
    Content-Length: 10
    Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:27:27 GMT
    Server: WebSphere Application Server/7.0

I'm wondering if the issue is how you transferred the file to the AIX box.  Perhaps the file is corrupt or incomplete?  Can you load it from a URL from another server?

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

‏2013-04-30T14:14:48Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-30T12:47:30Z

I'm wondering if the issue is how you transferred the file to the AIX box.  Perhaps the file is corrupt or incomplete?  Can you load it from a URL from another server?

I created an EAR file and loaded a WAR with the JAR inside of it and deployed the EAR.  It still ended up having the same errors on plugin registration using the URL to the JAR file.

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

‏2013-04-30T15:36:54Z  
    • MGamboa
    • ‏2013-04-30T14:14:48Z

I created an EAR file and loaded a WAR with the JAR inside of it and deployed the EAR.  It still ended up having the same errors on plugin registration using the URL to the JAR file.

I created a new test plugin and started with very basics and add complexity from there.  Each time installing it on Windows then AIX to seeing when it starts to fail on AIX.

It seems that if a plugin is installed with a feature it will fail on AIX.

Here is the plugin code:

package com.company.ecm.extension.test;

import java.util.Locale;

import com.ibm.ecm.extension.Plugin;
    import com.ibm.ecm.extension.PluginFeature;

public class TestPlugin extends Plugin {

@Override
        public String getId() {
            return "TestPlugin";
        }

@Override
        public String getName(Locale arg0) {
            return "Test Plugin";
        }

@Override
        public String getVersion() {
            return "1.0";
        }

@Override
        public PluginFeature[] getFeatures() {
            return new PluginFeature[] {
                    new TestPluginFeature()
            };
        }

}

Here is the feature:

import java.util.Locale;

public class TestPluginFeature extends PluginFeature {

@Override
        public String getContentClass() {
            return null;
        }

@Override
        public String getDescription(Locale arg0) {
            return "Test Plugin Feature";
        }

@Override
        public String getFeatureIconTooltipText(Locale arg0) {
        }

@Override
        public String getIconUrl() {
            return "searchLaunchIcon";
        }

@Override
        public String getId() {
            return "TestPluginFeature";
        }

@Override
        }

@Override
        public String getPopupWindowClass() {
            return null;
        }

@Override
        public String getPopupWindowTooltipText(Locale arg0) {
            return null;
        }

}

I package this into jar in Plugin structure and I am getting those errors.  Would this be considered a validate test.  It did install on Windows and I was able to add the feature to a desktop.

Thanks,

Martin

• marceln
    marceln
    1 Post

‏2013-07-08T16:25:44Z  
    • MGamboa
    • ‏2013-04-30T15:36:54Z

I created a new test plugin and started with very basics and add complexity from there.  Each time installing it on Windows then AIX to seeing when it starts to fail on AIX.

It seems that if a plugin is installed with a feature it will fail on AIX.

Here is the plugin code:

import java.util.Locale;

import com.ibm.ecm.extension.Plugin;
    import com.ibm.ecm.extension.PluginFeature;

public class TestPlugin extends Plugin {

@Override
        public String getId() {
            return "TestPlugin";
        }

@Override
            return "Test Plugin";
        }

@Override
        public String getVersion() {
            return "1.0";
        }

@Override
        public PluginFeature[] getFeatures() {
            return new PluginFeature[] {
                    new TestPluginFeature()
            };
        }

}

Here is the feature:

import java.util.Locale;

public class TestPluginFeature extends PluginFeature {

@Override
        public String getContentClass() {
            return null;
        }

@Override
        public String getDescription(Locale arg0) {
        }

@Override
        public String getFeatureIconTooltipText(Locale arg0) {
        }

@Override
        public String getIconUrl() {
            return "searchLaunchIcon";
        }

@Override
        public String getId() {
            return "TestPluginFeature";
        }

@Override
        }

@Override
        public String getPopupWindowClass() {
            return null;
        }

@Override
        public String getPopupWindowTooltipText(Locale arg0) {
            return null;
        }

}

I package this into jar in Plugin structure and I am getting those errors.  Would this be considered a validate test.  It did install on Windows and I was able to add the feature to a desktop.

Thanks,

Martin

Hello, have you solved the issue? I am getting the same error on client/server with my plugin. I can load the plugin but I get the error when I enter the settings for a desktop too.

• MGamboa
    MGamboa
    105 Posts

‏2013-07-08T17:07:17Z  
    • marceln
    • ‏2013-07-08T16:25:44Z

Hello, have you solved the issue? I am getting the same error on client/server with my plugin. I can load the plugin but I get the error when I enter the settings for a desktop too.

Yes, the issue I had was that I was building the plugin with a different version of ICN than the version of the deployment machine.  There was an additional abstract method added in the updated version of ICN that was causing an error.  Error wasn't thrown when plugin was installed, but did throw when accessing the desktop for configuration.