Items to check before contacting IBM
- Is the Cloud Extender showing as configured and online (Manage -> Manage MaaS360 Cloud Extenders)? If offline, is a proxy or an authenticated proxy involved?
- Is Auto Quarantine enabled, if so how? Is Auto-approved enrolled devices selected? Are there any errors under the Auto Quarantine Exceptions page?
- Is the Cloud Extender communicating with the other components (check under Summary >> ActiveSync, User Authentication, User Visibility, etc.)?
- Were any network changes recently made?
- Were any Exchange upgrades recently completed? (Remember that the Exchange Management Tools must match the version of the Exchange Server.)
- Did the password on the service account expire?
- Is Auto Quarantine enabled on 2007 and the device is an Android that cannot connect using ActiveSync? There are known issues with some Androids not being able to traverse the Auto Quarantine settings on 2007.
If Auto Quarantine notifications are not being sent, please remember to check the following:
- With Exchange 2007, the end user will not get a notification on the device. It will simply indicate "cannot connect to server." The administrator will receive the notification from MaaS360.
- With Exchange 2010 and higher, the end user will get a notification on the device. This comes from the Exchange Server, not MaaS360. The administrator will receive the notification from MaaS360.
- Was the device clean? Sometimes a customer will install the Cloud Extender, enable Auto Quarantine and then remove the mail account from the phone. If they do not also issue a Remove Device from Exchange Server action, the Cloud Extender will already have the device in the allowed list and the device will not be quarantined, therefore no notification will be sent. The proper procedure is to issue the action, remove the account from the device, wait for it to clear MaaS360 and then connect again using ActiveSync.
- If Auto-approve enrolled devices is enabled, we will only send the Auto Quarantine notifications to users that try to connect directly using ActiveSync. If they are enrolled, they will be automatically approved and therefore no notification will be sent.
- Check the Manage >> Action History workflow for any errors being returned from the Exchange Server during an action.
- Check the module list and module versions against the list of services configured. Ensure all services configured have activated modules.
- If possible, collect results that do not involve MaaS360 (e.g., remove the device directly from the Exchange Server, test authentication against Active Directory from a Windows machine, etc.)
Items to include when contacting IBM
- Summary of the problem
- Description of the problem
- Version of Exchange
- Auto Quarantine Settings (on/off, auto-approve enabled/not enabled)
- Username and/or device name of the device having the issue
- Cloud Extender logs if requested. See steps below.
- Any error messages from Setup -> Cloud Extender -> Summary -> Action History
- Any relevant screenshots
Cloud Extender Log collection steps
1. Log in to the Cloud Extender server
2. Go to %ProgramFiles%\MaaS360\Cloud Extender
3. Double-click on DiagnosticCmd.exe
4. A zipped file gets created on your desktop after log collection
5. Please contact support team to provide logs