• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-14T10:21:00Z by Norricorp
Norricorp
Norricorp
77 Posts

Pinned topic CCRC "My Activities" hangs

‏2014-05-01T12:04:51Z |

Hi,

using CC7.1.2 with server on AIX. CCRC on windows xp.

When a particular user clicks on my activities, the message is pending and that is it for the next 10 minutes until it gives an error.

CRVAP0226E Internal error: Status 500; Condition null; Message: CRVSV0072E server error occurred while processing request.

Googled this and nothing seems to quite fit.

If that user uses a different machine then same problem.

If I use his stream and a new view then I get the expected <no objects found> which is fine.

Just to add, if I log on to the users machine, create a view, then my activities works.

So it is as though the CCRC equiv of ct lsact -cview is not working for that user. And as this happens on any client he has created a view via, that would suggest it is something being stored in the CM server.

Any ideas? eg logs, etc.

Regards,

John

• brcowan
    brcowan
    763 Posts

Re: CCRC "My Activities" hangs

‏2014-05-08T19:35:59Z  

This may be an odd couple of questions, but:

1) What happens when you try to use the rich client as this user?

2) If you didn't perform the operation using the rich client on the CM Server, what happens when you do that?

3) Is this ClearQuest-integrated UCM?

• Norricorp
    Norricorp
    77 Posts

‏2014-05-09T07:59:47Z  
    • brcowan
    • ‏2014-05-08T19:35:59Z

This may be an odd couple of questions, but:

1) What happens when you try to use the rich client as this user?

2) If you didn't perform the operation using the rich client on the CM Server, what happens when you do that?

3) Is this ClearQuest-integrated UCM?

Hi Brian,

when we use snapshot or dynamic views on the users PC then it works as expected - list of activities to choose from when checking out. And in CC explorer, my activities shows the list. We do not allow users direct access to the unix boxes. Yes, it is CQ UCM. It happens for both of the projects he is assigned to.

And just add, it is just him so he has done something silly but no idea what.

Regards,

John

• brcowan
    brcowan
    763 Posts

‏2014-05-12T13:51:57Z  
    • Norricorp
    • ‏2014-05-09T07:59:47Z

Hi Brian,

when we use snapshot or dynamic views on the users PC then it works as expected - list of activities to choose from when checking out. And in CC explorer, my activities shows the list. We do not allow users direct access to the unix boxes. Yes, it is CQ UCM. It happens for both of the projects he is assigned to.

And just add, it is just him so he has done something silly but no idea what.

Regards,

John

If this user doesn't ever log in to Unix, then there is a significant possibility that the user didn't do anything on his/her own. You may need to compare a good and bad Unix account to make sure that something didn't get tweaked. If you had a second CM server/WAN server, you could try that.

I'm afraid that you will have to try the commands as the user on the AIX host to get more information. If you have root, you can SU to the user and run your commands. Essentially, you need to see if the issue is CM/WAN server specific.

• Norricorp
    Norricorp
    77 Posts

‏2014-05-14T10:21:00Z  

Problem was long lived process n CM server.

- Have user shutdown Eclipse/CCRC

- Kill the non view server related processes on the CM server owned by the user. These are the ccrpc & cqintsvr_main processes

- Wait some time to allow Websphere to clean itself up

- Restart Eclipse/CCRC with the -clean option and have the user try again.

The user had a process dated 17/04 - killed that - he logged in next day and can now see his activities.