I have installed RDz 8.5.0 and requested local help during the installation process. However, the local help did not install.
I checked the Preferences/Help/Content settings and disabled the entry for 'Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management'. Then restarted RDz, but I can't tell if it is doing anything.
On the Content page I do not have an entry for Local. I would like to add an entry using the New button, but I don't know what to put into the URL field.
I downloaded the RDz850_UpdateSite_zip.zip file to install the help content myself. But my Local Help Updater will not open. The help instructions are as follow:
- With your product open, click Click the .Local Help Updater button if it appears and the Updater site opens.
- On the Local Help Updater page, click the Plus sign (+).
- On the Add Internal Site dialog box, click Local, and enter the location of the extracted site\site.xml file that you extracted in step 2. For example, if your extracted files are in c:\myHelp, then enter c:\myHelp\site\site.xml.
- Click OK in the Add Internal Site window.
- On the Local Help Updater page, expand this site in the Sites list.
- Select the help content features that you want to install from the list provided, and click Install. A progress bar tracks the progress of the installation.
- When the installation finishes, open the help in the product by clicking .
I cannot get to step 2 above. When I select Help/Local Help Updater, I get a popup box: "Unable to start the Local Help Updater" Message is: "A connection to the Local Help Updater cannot be established."
Can someone please tell me how to set up the Local Help Updater? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing RDz, but that did not make any difference. I don't want to delete my workspace and completely start over. I have spent a lot of time moving over configuration files from my old machine which are in my workspace. I have also tried starting RDz with a new workspace, and that didn't make any difference.