• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-08-13T02:04:32Z by Dongyu Zhao
frankpantaleo
frankpantaleo
2 Posts

Pinned topic DSM issues on DB2 Warehouse Local

‏2018-07-31T10:41:23Z | db2 dsm warehouse

All,

I currently am in the process of migrating to DB2 Warehouse from DB2 BLU. IBM support is saying that DSM is causing locking issues but hasnt been able to shutdown DSM and keep it down. It just restarts in about 60 seconds. Is there a way to keep it off on Db2 Warehouse ? Has anyone seen these issues ? The DSM is the version that comes built in with DB2 Warehouse v11.1.

Thanks

Frank

• Dongyu Zhao
    Dongyu Zhao
    11 Posts

Re: DSM issues on DB2 Warehouse Local

‏2018-08-07T06:12:35Z  

Hi frankpantaleo,

I need to know a few things:

1.What is the version of DB2 Warehouse?

2.Is it MPP?

3.How did you stop DSM?

Best Regards

• frankpantaleo
    frankpantaleo
    2 Posts

‏2018-08-07T10:11:51Z  

Hi frankpantaleo,

I need to know a few things:

1.What is the version of DB2 Warehouse?

2.Is it MPP?

3.How did you stop DSM?

Best Regards

Db2 Warehouse version is 11.1

MPP  : yes

DSM stop is shown here in this KB https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS5Q8A_2.1.x/com.ibm.datatools.dsweb.ots.admin.doc/topics/stop_ots.html

The directory is different on the Db2 Warehouse container but it still uses the same commands

• Dongyu Zhao
    Dongyu Zhao
    11 Posts

‏2018-08-13T02:04:32Z  

Db2 Warehouse version is 11.1

MPP  : yes

DSM stop is shown here in this KB https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS5Q8A_2.1.x/com.ibm.datatools.dsweb.ots.admin.doc/topics/stop_ots.html

The directory is different on the Db2 Warehouse container but it still uses the same commands

Hi frankpantaleo,

DSM console can't be shutdown in Db2 Warehouse MPP environment. It also provides services for Spark and UDX, and its life cycle is managed by the HA component. The HA component will restart it when it detects console is down.

Best Regards