Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-04-16T23:59:26Z by krmilligan
Woojamon
Woojamon
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IBM DB2 ODBC driver could not be loaded.

‏2013-04-16T15:40:52Z |

Hi,

I have an asp.net webpage that is being hosted on my Windows 7 32-bit machine. I added a new page with some datasource objects but now the page throws an error when I try to navigate to it in IE (below). However, when I debug the page in Microsoft Web Developer 2010 Express, it works just fine. I sought help at MSDN and they sent me to IIS Forums, then those guys suggested I try getting help here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Server Error in '/' Application.

ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER, C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2cli.dll).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER, C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2cli.dll).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126: The specified module could not be found. (IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER, C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2cli.dll).]
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) +1239530
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle) +95
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions) +53
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) +55
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +31
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +76
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +126
   System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() +43
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +123
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +319
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +92
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1618
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +97
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformSelect() +34
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +74
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +66
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +29
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +103
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

• krmilligan
    krmilligan
    378 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM DB2 ODBC driver could not be loaded.

‏2013-04-16T23:59:26Z  in response to Woojamon

You should try the DB2 for Linux, Unix, for Windows forum since this DB2 ODBC driver is developed and supported by that team.  Based on error messages, I'd suggest opening a PMR with IBM Support team.