• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-11T11:57:13Z by Live_Wire
Live_Wire
Live_Wire
20 Posts

Pinned topic Services in Maximo

‏2013-07-03T16:27:49Z |

Hi,

I am just trying understand about services in Maximo. Actually I am talking about data getting stored in MAXSERVICE table in database.

We can create our own service in Database Configuration using select action. But I am trying understand the features of this service and how we are using it in Maximo.

if anybody has any information on this, please share.

Thanks in advance.

Mohan

Updated on 2013-07-03T16:29:41Z at 2013-07-03T16:29:41Z by Live_Wire
  • Chief_Max
    Chief_Max
    28 Posts

How to Setup and use Services in Maximo

‏2013-07-10T21:34:49Z  

You might ask: What is the purpose of having Service Groups and Services set up, when setting up a Self Service Catalog Offering?

Answer: Services has a use later, when you go to set up Offerings. It also has Contact and Contact Group information stored with each Service, as well as the group itself. So you can assign a single point of contact or a group to handle issues within a Service.

• Services can be added under the Service Groups app.
    • Service Level > Service Groups
    • Service Groups: IBM_APP, etc. will be of type PROVIDE. You can add Services by opening a Service Group, then selecting New Row.

Here is a summary of how to set up the Self Service Center:

• Set up Service Group and Services
    • Set up Classifications.  Add Attributes in this step if possible.
    • Add Offering (Service Request Catalog > Offerings) and set status to Active. The offering will use a subset of the attributes created in the classification; these will now be called "Specifications".
    • Set up the Ticket Template. This must link precisely with the offering and the classification - this is easiest done by leaving Classification blank, because Classifications and other fields will pull from Classification and Offering. Leave the Specifications/Attributes blank or unchanged, they too, will pull from inheritance.
    • Add Catalog, and add the Offerings to the Catalog. Set status to Active.
    • Check to ensure status of Catalog and Offering to 'Active.'
    • Add any Attributes needed, if not already added.
    • Setup Security for specific group to gain access to the Self Service Center.

Good luck!

-Greg

• Live_Wire
    Live_Wire
    20 Posts

Re: How to Setup and use Services in Maximo

‏2013-07-11T11:57:13Z  
    • Chief_Max
    • ‏2013-07-10T21:34:49Z

You might ask: What is the purpose of having Service Groups and Services set up, when setting up a Self Service Catalog Offering?

Answer: Services has a use later, when you go to set up Offerings. It also has Contact and Contact Group information stored with each Service, as well as the group itself. So you can assign a single point of contact or a group to handle issues within a Service.

• Services can be added under the Service Groups app.
    • Service Level > Service Groups
    • Service Groups: IBM_APP, etc. will be of type PROVIDE. You can add Services by opening a Service Group, then selecting New Row.

Here is a summary of how to set up the Self Service Center:

• Set up Service Group and Services
    • Set up Classifications.  Add Attributes in this step if possible.
    • Add Offering (Service Request Catalog > Offerings) and set status to Active. The offering will use a subset of the attributes created in the classification; these will now be called "Specifications".
    • Set up the Ticket Template. This must link precisely with the offering and the classification - this is easiest done by leaving Classification blank, because Classifications and other fields will pull from Classification and Offering. Leave the Specifications/Attributes blank or unchanged, they too, will pull from inheritance.
    • Add Catalog, and add the Offerings to the Catalog. Set status to Active.
    • Check to ensure status of Catalog and Offering to 'Active.'
    • Add any Attributes needed, if not already added.
    • Setup Security for specific group to gain access to the Self Service Center.

Good luck!

-Greg

Hi Greg,

I think you misunderstood the question. I want to know about Services available in select action of database configuration application where data related to services are getting stored in MAXSERVICE table.

I am not referring to service catalog functionality.

Thanks

Mohan