• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-06T16:14:11Z by EBSDeveloper
EBSDeveloper
EBSDeveloper
2 Posts

Pinned topic RAD 9 - SCA - Maven

‏2014-01-03T10:10:15Z |

Hi

I am currently developing SCA components in RAD 9 for WAS 8.5.

I wish to automated the build/deploy process. I want to use Maven if possible.

Ideally, I want to run a script that will check out the SCA projects from our source control repository, build the SCA components, package and deploy to websphere.

The first step seems to be to restructure our projects into a Maven project structure.

However, I have found no information on how to use the Maven plugin for RAD with an SCA project.

I have WAR and JAR projects, which I have converted to a Maven project structure, but can someone point me to some information on how to proceed for and SCA component?

thanks

Updated on 2014-01-03T10:39:24Z at 2014-01-03T10:39:24Z by EBSDeveloper
  • AdrianPadilla
    AdrianPadilla
    1 Post

Re: RAD 9 - SCA - Maven

‏2014-01-03T15:19:44Z  

Hello Pat,

SCA projects can't be converted to Maven projects, but you could probably create a Jython script to automate the publish of your sca app. Here some info about that https://ibm.biz/BdRZbU

• VictorSosa
    VictorSosa
    24 Posts

‏2014-01-06T03:11:40Z  

Hello Pat

As Adrian says, SCA in RAD doesn't support Maven, still, in RAD 9.0 there are different supported deployment patterns for SCA projects. You can have a look at this article for that.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/deployment-patterns-service-component-architecture-applications/index.html

I'm curious about your deployment needs, could you briefly describe what you need?

• EBSDeveloper
    EBSDeveloper
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-06T16:14:11Z  

Hello Pat

As Adrian says, SCA in RAD doesn't support Maven, still, in RAD 9.0 there are different supported deployment patterns for SCA projects. You can have a look at this article for that.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/deployment-patterns-service-component-architecture-applications/index.html

I'm curious about your deployment needs, could you briefly describe what you need?

Hi

Thanks for the responses, I'm in Ireland so excuse the time delay for responses. To briefly outline our deployment requirements:

All developers are using RAD 9 with a local installation of WAS 8.5.

Our application is a WAR based frontend using ajax to invoke SCA components exposed via SOAP webservices.

Ideally, we want developers to develop and test locally. Then commit to the development branch on the source control system (CVS).

Then a release to QA/UAT/Pre Prod etc would be done using build/package/release scripts on a build Linux server.

The scripts would check out from the LABEL OR Branch, build the various jars, EARs etc, configurations for the QA/UAT etc server and deploy.

In the past we have had issues allowing developers build the assets within their own local RAD environment. And recently our company has been merged with another where the build/release function is completely outside the developers control. A build/release team are responsible and will need/require the release process for all of our applications to be fully scripted.

So I am investigating the possibilities available.

Ideally as mentioned previously we would you Maven, however if that is not possible for RAD - SCA projects, I would like to know what ANT scripts are available for this type of process. I believe ANT tasks can be integrated into a MAVEN task.

Thanks for your responses.