Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-06-24T15:20:58Z by Caxton
umut.duman
umut.duman
3 Posts

Pinned topic How to syncronize b/w IOC and external Application ?

‏2013-09-30T13:37:24Z |

Hi all,

I want to communicate my IOC solution and external application (Mobile or Web) for 2 ways.

First my IOC solution would be the data source for this applications. How could I open my Events, KPI's or CAP messages?

Second type of communication is that I want to consume any webservices through the IOC solution? Could I send SMS by IOC, is it possible?

For this issues, which way is meaningful that I should follow? WODM or another?

Updated on 2013-09-30T13:38:56Z at 2013-09-30T13:38:56Z by umut.duman
  • BurtonBoucher
    BurtonBoucher
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to syncronize b/w IOC and external Application ?

‏2013-09-30T14:46:38Z  

Umut,

It's important to include version of IOC when posting. I will assume IOC 1.5.

1. Act as data source. Options.

1.1 Send CAP messages (alarms and KPIs) via JMS or Publisher Servlet. http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cities/v1r5m0/topic/com.ibm.ioc.doc/int_usingpubservlet.html?resultof=%22%70%75%62%6c%69%73%68%65%72%22%20%22%70%75%62%6c%69%73%68%22%20

1.2 If you have Custom event messages where CAP will not work for you can you specify what you are trying to do? There is a way to create your own event types.

2. Send SMS. What triggers the SMS?

2.1 As part of the feature enhancement fix pack PO00854 for Citizen collaboration SMS and email notification.

2.2 You could get into the internals of the event processing and do anything you want. Either in a Message Broker flow or a policy. Depends upon what is triggering the notification. Note, you will have to create the SMS code as well.

2.3 If you install feature enhancement fix pack PO00854 there is Emergency Response application that has an easy to use SOP capability that you can call a REST service and notification activity (email). This is worth a look. Must have IOC license entitlement to download the feature enhancement.

• BurtonBoucher
    BurtonBoucher
    4 Posts

‏2013-09-30T14:46:38Z  

Umut,

1.1 Send CAP messages (alarms and KPIs) via JMS or Publisher Servlet. http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cities/v1r5m0/topic/com.ibm.ioc.doc/int_usingpubservlet.html?resultof=%22%70%75%62%6c%69%73%68%65%72%22%20%22%70%75%62%6c%69%73%68%22%20

1.2 If you have Custom event messages where CAP will not work for you can you specify what you are trying to do? There is a way to create your own event types.

2.1 As part of the feature enhancement fix pack PO00854 for Citizen collaboration SMS and email notification.

2.2 You could get into the internals of the event processing and do anything you want. Either in a Message Broker flow or a policy. Depends upon what is triggering the notification. Note, you will have to create the SMS code as well.

2.3 If you install feature enhancement fix pack PO00854 there is Emergency Response application that has an easy to use SOP capability that you can call a REST service and notification activity (email). This is worth a look. Must have IOC license entitlement to download the feature enhancement.

• umut.duman
    umut.duman
    3 Posts

‏2013-10-01T13:46:58Z  

Umut,

Hi Mr. Boucher,

Thank you for your fast reply. Yes, I am using v1.5.

In brief my scenario is, IOC  is getting KPI messages about Health info. And my customer wants to fire an alert according to KPI threshold value.

After firing the alert I would call a web service, that belongs to GSM operator to send SMS. Service consuming would be by IOC or any external App.

I don't know, how I can achieve this. And it would be a mobile app. KPI infos that keeped in IOC would feed the app.

• umut.duman
    umut.duman
    3 Posts

‏2013-10-01T13:55:22Z  

And could you give to me any suggestion about usable IOC property to enrich the IOC solution?

For example I think for the next step to implement transfer the closest car to the destination. I think with policies, I could handle multi KPI's.

• BurtonBoucher
    BurtonBoucher
    4 Posts

‏2013-10-01T15:41:02Z  

Hi Mr. Boucher,

Thank you for your fast reply. Yes, I am using v1.5.

In brief my scenario is, IOC  is getting KPI messages about Health info. And my customer wants to fire an alert according to KPI threshold value.

After firing the alert I would call a web service, that belongs to GSM operator to send SMS. Service consuming would be by IOC or any external App.

I don't know, how I can achieve this. And it would be a mobile app. KPI infos that keeped in IOC would feed the app.

To trigger off KPI change, the monitor model must have an event configured. In the sample model notification events are sent when the KPI changes. Is the system creating notifications for you KPI changes? If so, these notifications are going through broker and could be intercepted there to do whatever you like.

• BurtonBoucher
    BurtonBoucher
    4 Posts

‏2013-10-01T15:53:27Z  

And could you give to me any suggestion about usable IOC property to enrich the IOC solution?

For example I think for the next step to implement transfer the closest car to the destination. I think with policies, I could handle multi KPI's.

Are you asking how you could add new KPI to the Status portlet using an existing monitor model?

If you have a monitor model that fits your purpose but you want to create a new Owning Organization for the new KPI just deploy the same model giving it a new name. Then configure the KPI using Administration as normal.

If you know how the gate flow monitor model works in the Stadium pack then this should be pretty easy to accomplish.

• Caxton
    Caxton
    4 Posts

‏2015-06-24T15:20:58Z  

Hi,

I am new to this technology

Why ICO can integrated with only DB2 data source not others?

What DB is used in IOC and Intelligent Video Analyitcs as a target Datebase

Please Help me

Thank you for your inputs