Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-12T22:18:23Z by butallmj
butallmj
butallmj
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is It Possible To Use The IBM WebSphere JAX-WS Runtime To Generate Web Services In Eclipse 4.x?

‏2013-12-10T17:47:58Z |

This is word for word the same question posted in SO.

I'm attempting to generate a JAX-WS server top down (from a WSDL) for the IBM WebSphere v7 runtime using Eclipse Kepler. The problem I'm running into is that I simply cannot select the web service runtime to be IBM WebSphere JAX-WS, there is no option for it. I've installed the WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools plugin for Kepler and configured the runtime in Eclipse to be the runtime installed on my system. I can also compile applications against the WAS 7 runtimes and deploy them to a WAS 7 server, so it would appear the runtimes are available.

The biggest thing that's frustrating me is that the option is available in Eclipse Indigo (3.x). To make sure there wasn't something awry with my work space or install in any way, I downloaded fresh copies of both versions of Eclipse from the marketplace, started with fresh work spaces, and installed the WAS 7 plugin on both versions. Eclipse 3.x gives me the option, but 4.x does not.

Now, I know these plugins are different versions. The version provided by the marketplace for Eclipse 4.x is 8.5.5011.v20131031_0202 while the version for 3.x is 8.5.1002.v20130402_2058, which based on the version number appears to be about 7 months older. This leads me to my question, is it possible to use the IBM WebSphere JAX-WS runtime to generate web services in Eclipse 4.x anymore? I've tried searching the web all I can but have found no mention of this ability being removed from the plugin. I've even found other SO posts that make it seem like this once was available for Eclipse 4.x, but maybe no longer is with the latest version of the plugin (this linked question is over a year old). Does anyone know the answer to this. Is it no longer possible to do this, or is it actually possible by some other means that that you could share please?

• Keith Chong
    Keith Chong
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is It Possible To Use The IBM WebSphere JAX-WS Runtime To Generate Web Services In Eclipse 4.x?

‏2013-12-10T23:37:59Z  in response to butallmj

That option is still supported on Kepler.   Could you please look in the plugins folder and search for *jaxws* and provide the list of these plugins here? 

• butallmj
      butallmj
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is It Possible To Use The IBM WebSphere JAX-WS Runtime To Generate Web Services In Eclipse 4.x?

‏2013-12-11T14:45:14Z  in response to Keith Chong

That's good to know, at least it's only something I'm doing wrong then. Here's the output from find ./plugins -name "*jaxws*"

./com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk6_1.0.300.v20131031_0202
      ./com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk6_1.0.300.v20131031_0202/com/ibm/ast/ws/jaxws
      ./com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk6_1.0.300.v20131031_0202/runtime/jaxws-core-jdk6.jar
      ./com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk7_1.0.100.v20131031_0202
      ./com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk7_1.0.100.v20131031_0202/com/ibm/ast/ws/jaxws
      ./com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk7_1.0.100.v20131031_0202/runtime/jaxws-core-jdk7.jar
      ./com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter_1.1.1.v20131031_0202.jar
      ./org.eclipse.jst.ws.jaxws.core_1.0.300.v201304072043.jar
      ./org.eclipse.jst.ws.jaxws.doc.user_1.0.300.v201305122032.jar
      ./org.eclipse.jst.ws.jaxws.dom.integration_1.0.200.v201109042201.jar
      ./org.eclipse.jst.ws.jaxws.dom.runtime_1.0.200.v201109042201.jar
      ./org.eclipse.jst.ws.jaxws.dom.ui_1.0.0.v201004171919.jar
      ./org.eclipse.jst.ws.jaxws.ui_1.0.300.v201302270042.jar
      ./org.eclipse.jst.ws.jaxws.utils_1.0.200.v201201032002.jar

• Keith Chong
        Keith Chong
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T21:16:55Z  in response to butallmj

Ok, could you please try again?  This should be working now.  Select, from the Marketplace, the IBM WebSphere Application Server V7.0 Developer Tools for Eclipse Juno & Kepler.

• butallmj
          butallmj
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T22:06:24Z  in response to Keith Chong

I'm assuming there was an update to the plugin? The version I see in Eclipse doesn't appear to have changed, but a complete recreation of what I was attempting before (fresh install, workspace, and plugin) now works.

• butallmj
          butallmj
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-12T22:18:23Z  in response to Keith Chong

On a related note, is there any way to create service clients on a non IBM JVM? Stacktrace to follow, but I, as well as others, are not able to create clients without apparently loading Eclipse via the IBM JVM. I understand that anyone using this plugin will have an IBM JVM bundled with their websphere runtimes, but what if they rather use some other virtual machine variant, or maybe even can't (i.e. only 64bit WebSphere JVM but prefer to use other Eclipse plugins that are only 32bit compatible for obscure business reasons)?  

Errors occurred during wsimport.
              java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/tools/internal/ws/wscompile/WsimportTool
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
              at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
              at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
              at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
              at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
              at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk6.command.AbstractEmitterCommand.loadClass(AbstractEmitterCommand.java:166)
              at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.jdk6.command.WsImportCommand.execute(WsImportCommand.java:127)
              at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.emitter.command.WsImportCommand.execute(WsImportCommand.java:86)
              at com.ibm.ast.ws.jaxws.creation.command.WsimportNonUIThreadCommand$RunCmdInNonUIThread.run(WsimportNonUIThreadCommand.java:535)
              at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
              Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.tools.internal.ws.wscompile.WsimportTool
              at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
              at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
              ... 16 more