Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-13T12:12:56Z by gsager
Sathish_Ravula
Sathish_Ravula
14 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to pass multi parameters to Action List?

‏2013-08-02T14:34:27Z |

Hi All,

I want to submit form from page. I am unable to pass more than one arguments to Action List.

from action list i will send parameters to service operation.

Please let me know as to how can I pass a parameter to an action list from Page?

Thanks,

sathish

• gsager
    gsager
    131 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to pass multi parameters to Action List?

‏2013-08-02T14:51:42Z  in response to Sathish_Ravula

So if the parameters were posted as data from the page then you can access the variable that have been submitted from within the action list by using an assignment like

Assignment!DataServices/Service/getTrans/inputs/input-transf/customerid=${Variables/CustomerID}

In this case I have a data service that has an input of customer Id and I know the variable that the customerID is set into when it is returned from the submit.

So from the picker in the action list and I choose the assignment choice and then pick the source and destination variables.

Hope this helps.

• Sathish_Ravula
      Sathish_Ravula
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-05T15:49:56Z  in response to gsager

Hi,

Here i am displaying  data in View and Form builder (from data base New_Dealers table)  and adding additional column using Data Column Modifier to each Row.

here am treat it as a button(Reject). When i click reject button i want perform two things.

1.Open a dialog box and in dialog box i have a form. I want to submit the form and save the values into Data Base table(Rejected_Dealers).

2. And that particular row will be deleted from that table(New_Dealers table).

Here am unable to submit the from values into table and unable to perform this two actions at a time.

Thanks,

Sathish

• gsager
        gsager
        131 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-06T10:37:09Z  in response to Sathish_Ravula

If you could attach a small sample I could look at it. I am not exactly sure what needs to be done.

• Sathish_Ravula
          Sathish_Ravula
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-13T09:51:30Z  in response to gsager

Hi,

Here i have a Dojo dialog form builder in that builder i have a form. in attached model when we click Reject button dojo dialog box will display.
          I want to submit that form. But i am unable to insert values into Data Base.

I think my problem is am unable to send parameters from Dojo Dialog form to Action List.

Here i am attached sample application consumer model,provider model and screen shots.

Please let me know as to how can i resolve my problem?

Thanks

satish

• gsager
            gsager
            131 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-13T12:12:56Z  in response to Sathish_Ravula

Not sure this is the only way to do this but I changed the model to use a variable and data page within the dialog and you can see from the system out that the data is passed to the server so you could then use that variable to call your function.  I removed the call to the data service in the action list because I don't have the related db but the data is in the variable so you can call the service with it.

Attachments

• mburati
    mburati
    2551 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-02T15:05:06Z  in response to Sathish_Ravula

It sounds like you may be trying to do this with fairly low level builders,  which is sometimes necessary, but most often it's better to use a high level builder to do the work for you, so you can leverage more of what it automates for you.

For instance, using Input Form or View and Form against a Data Service (defined by a service operation) with well defined inputs does a lot more work for you and gives you more functionality than building your own form,  using a link/button to an action list and then having the action list call the service operation.   With WEF its a recommended practice to use the highest level builder available for the job at hand, to leverage more and have less to build (and thus less to go wrong) yourself.

If your'e submitting form data, it's also best to use "Submit Form and Invoke Action" as the action type rather than "Link to Action".

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.