• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-15T02:31:35Z by XIntegration50
XIntegration50
XIntegration50
90 Posts

Pinned topic URI required in dpmq ?

‏2013-07-11T16:02:16Z |

Hi,

I have a backend  mainframe client with whom we communicate over MQ. I am forming an URL (dpmq) for communication. We don't have anything to pass in place of URI,  but it was mentioned as optional, so assuming that it is reqd. can somebody let me know if there is a default value?

Sync and PMOoptions  are optional so can I omit them and pass gmoOptions ? I believe I can but want to make sure.

dpmq://queue-manager/URI?RequestQueue=queue-name;ReplyQueue=queue-name;Sync=value;PMO=value
queue-manager
    Specifies the name of an existing MQ Queue Manager object.
URI
    Specifies the name of a service. Enter a string, such as /SomeBank/services/checking to be included in the URL.

Thanks,

Venkat

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1391 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: URI required in dpmq ?

‏2013-07-12T15:20:36Z  

Hi Venkat,

The URI is optional and isn't provided to the backend provider.  It can be useful if you needed to have a response matching rule that would drive different response rules based on the request, but quite frankly I've never had a use case like that where I've ever used the URI.

Regards,

Steve

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1391 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-12T19:49:04Z  

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. So, if I am not going to have URI in the dpmq url, which of the following is correct ?

1) dpmq://queue-manager?RequestQueue=queue-name;ReplyQueue=queue-name;Sync=value;PMO=value     (contd with question mark )

2)dpmq://queue-manager/RequestQueue=queue-name;ReplyQueue=queue-name;Sync=value;PMO=value       (contd.  with forward slash )

Thank you,

Venkat.

So, perhaps I misled you ... you always must provide a uri, but I always use just /.  All of the parameters are request parameters which are specified after the ?, so this is your complete url.

dpmq://queue-manager/?RequestQueue=queue-name;ReplyQueue=queue-name;Sync=value;PMO=value

Regards,

Steve

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1391 Posts

‏2013-07-12T15:20:36Z  

Hi Venkat,

The URI is optional and isn't provided to the backend provider.  It can be useful if you needed to have a response matching rule that would drive different response rules based on the request, but quite frankly I've never had a use case like that where I've ever used the URI.

Regards,

Steve

• XIntegration50
    XIntegration50
    90 Posts

‏2013-07-12T19:42:51Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-07-12T15:20:36Z

Hi Venkat,

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. So, if I am not going to have URI in the dpmq url, which of the following is correct ?

1) dpmq://queue-manager?RequestQueue=queue-name;ReplyQueue=queue-name;Sync=value;PMO=value     (contd with question mark )

2)dpmq://queue-manager/RequestQueue=queue-name;ReplyQueue=queue-name;Sync=value;PMO=value       (contd.  with forward slash )

Thank you,

Venkat.

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1391 Posts

‏2013-07-12T19:49:04Z  

Hi Steve,

Thank you,

Venkat.

So, perhaps I misled you ... you always must provide a uri, but I always use just /.  All of the parameters are request parameters which are specified after the ?, so this is your complete url.

dpmq://queue-manager/?RequestQueue=queue-name;ReplyQueue=queue-name;Sync=value;PMO=value

Regards,

Steve

• XIntegration50
    XIntegration50
    90 Posts

‏2013-07-15T02:31:35Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-07-12T19:49:04Z

Regards,

Steve

Thank you Steve.

Venkat.