3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-29T07:14:23Z by franzw
SravanKumarR
SravanKumarR
41 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Adding new parameter to provisioning policy

‏2013-10-29T04:28:40Z |

Hi ,

I want to add new custom attribute to the provisioning policy.

For this I have added attribute in TIM schema and TIM person object class and account object class as well.

When I clicked on Create button in parameters page of provisioning am not able to see newly created attribute.

Please let me know am I doing it correctly or not.

Thanks,

Sravan.

• franzw
    franzw
    213 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Adding new parameter to provisioning policy

‏2013-10-29T06:43:06Z  in response to SravanKumarR

When you add an attribute to you person class this is "just" ldap work.

But when you add custom attributes to your account class this is somewhat different. Although you CAN just add it to the ldap there is no guarantee that the associated adapter will recognize the attribute - this depends on the adapter. Also I believe that ITIM will not check whether you have added your new attribute to the ldap as it expects them to be loaded via the profile.

So - if you need custom attributes in an account you need to extend the profiles - how to do so is normally documented in the adapter documentation - it involves unpacking the profile jar, updating the schema dsml file (and probably also custom labels), packing the profile and loading it again. Depending on your adapter you may also need to add the attribute to other files - e.g. there is a schema extensions file for AD.

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen 

• SravanKumarR
      SravanKumarR
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-29T07:00:17Z  in response to franzw

Hi Franz,

Thanks for your quick reply.

In LDAP profile jar, if we update only in schema dsml file is this fine?

Unfortunately I dont have existing profile imported in ITIM, how can I get it imported one? from ldif? from any other place? Pls guide me.

So that I can edit necessary changes and imported it again.

Thanks,

Sravan.

• franzw
        franzw
        213 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-29T07:14:23Z  in response to SravanKumarR

You need to read the documentation that comes with the Adapter - if that is unclear - ask here again.

There is no way that this forum can cover all the things in the documentation.

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen