Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-06T09:45:59Z by WCWA_Massimiliano_D'Angelo
WCWA_Massimiliano_D'Angelo
19 Posts

Pinned topic Ways to link requirements to model elements using Gateway

‏2013-09-02T13:18:44Z |

Hi all,

I know that requirements can be linked to model elements using the dependency relation, properly tagged with a stereotype (e.g., <<trace>>) to have the Rhapsody Gateway show the upstream/downstream coverage information. I was wondering if there is an easier/faster approach available.

Can the Link details view in the gateway be used for this purpose? I see that existing relations are shown (as boxes or check-marks), but I am not able to create new relations using this interface. I need a mechanism to speed up the linking of a large set of requirements with the model elements; the interface of the "link details" view would be close to what I need.

Thanks,

Massimiliano

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    146 Posts

Re: Ways to link requirements to model elements using Gateway

‏2013-09-03T02:40:24Z  

Hello,

I didn't check the possibility of implementing it in Gateway, but one possible approach would be to use Rhapsody API to automatically apply <<trace>> streotype at drawing. Take a look at the technote below with a sample attached. I think it will help your drawing task a bit easier. 

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21608919

Please let me know if you want to go down this way and need assists. 

Best Regard,

--Shinji

• WCWA_Massimiliano_D'Angelo
    19 Posts

‏2013-09-04T09:31:12Z  

Hello,

I didn't check the possibility of implementing it in Gateway, but one possible approach would be to use Rhapsody API to automatically apply <<trace>> streotype at drawing. Take a look at the technote below with a sample attached. I think it will help your drawing task a bit easier. 

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21608919

Please let me know if you want to go down this way and need assists. 

Best Regard,

--Shinji

Hi Shinji,

thanks for your reply.

I went over the Rhapsody Gateway manual. I was able to create links using the linking view, but this requires to add a modification document to the covering document, with a Added type to specify the relations that the user wants to express. The modification file is an xml file, in which the coverage relations are stored.

Is there any chance to have the coverage relations stored in the covering document?  As an example, if the covering document is the Rhapsody model, can I have the coverage relations stored in the model and not only in the modification file?

How are modification files intended to be used in this scenario? Is there a way of merging them with the original document?

Thanks,

Massimiliano

• RAJASEKHARGEDA
    RAJASEKHARGEDA
    1 Post

‏2013-09-05T04:19:04Z  

first  you get the  requirements from doors to rhapsody model using rhapsody gateway. After drag the particular requirement to  the model and connect the model with requirement with the help of  anchor

19 Posts

‏2013-09-05T17:48:52Z  

Hi Shinji,

thanks for your reply.

I went over the Rhapsody Gateway manual. I was able to create links using the linking view, but this requires to add a modification document to the covering document, with a Added type to specify the relations that the user wants to express. The modification file is an xml file, in which the coverage relations are stored.

Is there any chance to have the coverage relations stored in the covering document?  As an example, if the covering document is the Rhapsody model, can I have the coverage relations stored in the model and not only in the modification file?

How are modification files intended to be used in this scenario? Is there a way of merging them with the original document?

Thanks,

Massimiliano

I found that the links created between the requirements in a document and the rhapsody model using the Gateway are imported into the Rhapsody model using the "Add high level requirements" command. So, this answer my question, at least for what concern the coverage relations in the Rhapsody model. I don't know if there is a mechanism to push the links into the requirements document, in case the coverage link is between two documents (e.g., word documents, where the coverage link can be stored in the covering document using the "Covers"tag).

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussion

Massimiliano

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    146 Posts

‏2013-09-06T08:04:02Z  

I found that the links created between the requirements in a document and the rhapsody model using the Gateway are imported into the Rhapsody model using the "Add high level requirements" command. So, this answer my question, at least for what concern the coverage relations in the Rhapsody model. I don't know if there is a mechanism to push the links into the requirements document, in case the coverage link is between two documents (e.g., word documents, where the coverage link can be stored in the covering document using the "Covers"tag).

Massimiliano

Hi Massimiliano

That sounds good. Thank you for sharing your solution on the forum, good luck!

--Shinji

19 Posts

‏2013-09-06T09:45:59Z  

Massimiliano

You are welcome.

A detail I forgot: when performing the "Add high level requirements", you need to specify in the advanced type that you want to create dependencies (no anchors), and the type of the coverage link that shall be imported. If you do not do so, links created in the gateway will not show up in Rhapsody.