Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-17T12:28:05Z by BirgitHeubach
jgeukens
jgeukens
1 Post

Pinned topic OpenStack Hypervisor maintenance mode --> Must select one storage device

‏2013-08-22T06:46:37Z |

Hello,

I've installed SCO 2.2 now and I'm trying to get it up and running but I'm facing a problem with the openstack hypervisor.

The discovery of the Cloud Group and OpenStack Hypervisor worked fine but the hypervisor stays in maintenance mode with reason: "Must select a storage to use to start". Although, there is "1 total, 0 in use". So there is one shown in the SCO GUI, but I can't enable / disable the checkbox. With the CLI toolbox I've verified the openstack storage:

>>> deployer.storage
[
  {
    "created": Aug 21, 2013 1:46:10 PM,
    "hypervisors": (nested object),
    "hypervisorstorageid": "OpenStack1",
    "id": 2,
    "name": "regionone_nova",
    "updated": Aug 21, 2013 1:46:10 PM
  }
]

When I use OpenStack commands to deploy a VM, I don't have any problems. I only can't create them with the Workload Deployer GUI because the OpenStack Hypervisor isn't running.

Does anyone can help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Jan Geukens

• rossdavibm
    rossdavibm
    1 Post

Re: OpenStack Hypervisor maintenance mode --> Must select one storage device

‏2013-09-12T20:43:01Z  

Sorry I can't help with this, I am tagging along with EXACTLY the same issue.  SCO 2.2 FP1.  I have a KVM region working fine.  I am trying to add a second ESX region.  Everything works up to this point - the VIL is seeing the region, SCE is happy, I can deploy from OpenStack, etc. However, I can't start the hypervisor with the exact symptoms Jan is describing.

Oddly enough, I have a second environment, built from the EXACT SAME IMAGE SET (I am running on VMware images, unsupported, I know) in which this error does not occur - I have two, happy, co-existing regions running fine.  I have compared configuration files line by line and not found out anything that is different between the two environments, and I am totally stuck here.

• BirgitHeubach
    BirgitHeubach
    7 Posts

Re: OpenStack Hypervisor maintenance mode --> Must select one storage device

‏2013-09-17T12:28:05Z  

hi together, I was facing the same issue on my env, not able to start the hypervisor and no storage device was selected.

Here is what I did in the GUI to get it running:

-put the hypervisor in maintenance mode

-run a discovery: this resets to the latest storage and networks

-then start the hypervisor

Best regards Birgit H.

Updated on 2013-09-17T12:29:02Z at 2013-09-17T12:29:02Z by BirgitHeubach