Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-03T02:18:18Z by Todd_Dunnavant1
madhu16hr
madhu16hr
4 Posts

Pinned topic Using Urbancode Deploy to deploy into JBoss server

‏2013-12-12T20:12:14Z |

I am trying to deploy my application into JBoss server using Urbancode Deploy. Being new to IBM Urbancode Deploy i am having issue with the deployment. 

The component process has steps to Download Artifact, Disable Application, Undeploy Application, Deploy Application and Enable Application. The process is not able to authenticate against the JBoss server when it tries to Disable the application. The plugin steps do have the option to provide the JBoss server credentials. Am I missing any configuration or steps where I can provide the JBoss server credentials.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Madhusudhan

• ajrosape
    ajrosape
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Using Urbancode Deploy to deploy into JBoss server

‏2013-12-16T15:17:13Z  
    • madhu16hr
    • ‏2013-12-14T00:25:44Z

Thank you for the reply. 

I am executing the process using the agent on which both the agent and JBoss are installed.

The plugin is using JBoss CLI for deployment. When we execute the command 'jboss_cli.sh connect' it is Authenticating against security realm: ManagementRealm, which needs username and password. The execution stops at this point. The execution is expecting the credentials to be provided. Is there a way to pass the credentials?

I see - unfortunately, there currently isn't any way to provide this information. I don't think the plugin accounts for the possibility of security realms.

• ajrosape
    ajrosape
    4 Posts

‏2013-12-13T22:01:21Z  

Madhusudhan,

I haven't used the JBoss plugin myself, but from what I know of it, it shouldn't actually need any authentication credentials. It uses the JBoss CLI, which exists on the same machine the JBoss server is hosted on. The agent running this process would need to exist on the same machine as the JBoss for this to work.

Does this answer your question?

• madhu16hr
    madhu16hr
    4 Posts

‏2013-12-14T00:25:44Z  
    • ajrosape
    • ‏2013-12-13T22:01:21Z

Madhusudhan,

I haven't used the JBoss plugin myself, but from what I know of it, it shouldn't actually need any authentication credentials. It uses the JBoss CLI, which exists on the same machine the JBoss server is hosted on. The agent running this process would need to exist on the same machine as the JBoss for this to work.

Does this answer your question?

Thank you for the reply. 

I am executing the process using the agent on which both the agent and JBoss are installed.

The plugin is using JBoss CLI for deployment. When we execute the command 'jboss_cli.sh connect' it is Authenticating against security realm: ManagementRealm, which needs username and password. The execution stops at this point. The execution is expecting the credentials to be provided. Is there a way to pass the credentials?

• ajrosape
    ajrosape
    4 Posts

‏2013-12-16T15:17:13Z  
    • madhu16hr
    • ‏2013-12-14T00:25:44Z

Thank you for the reply. 

I see - unfortunately, there currently isn't any way to provide this information. I don't think the plugin accounts for the possibility of security realms.

• Todd_Dunnavant1
    Todd_Dunnavant1
    1 Post

‏2014-05-03T02:18:18Z  
    • ajrosape
    • ‏2013-12-16T15:17:13Z

Do keep in mind that Deploy plug-ins largely can be viewed as being containers for deployment scripts.  If you can conceive of a script that can be run and do what you want, that script can be wrapped into a custom Deploy plugin.  It isn't all that difficult to create your own plug-ins.  There is enablement for gaining the skills to do so.