Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-01-17T11:51:16Z by jdelmastro
jdelmastro
jdelmastro
3 Posts

Pinned topic Transactional Control with DB2BulkCopy

‏2019-01-14T19:41:00Z | bulk db2 db2bulkcopy insert

I'm attempting to use the DB2BulkCopy to develop a high performance bulk insert feature in our C# application, but I'm getting an error when I run it inside a transaction: "DB2BulkCopy can not operate under transaction control". Is there any way to run a bulk insert with transaction control? 

Thanks

• Devendra Singh
    Devendra Singh
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Transactional Control with DB2BulkCopy

‏2019-01-17T09:48:37Z  

Hi Javier,

DB2Bulkcopy's current implementation restricts its operation under transaction control. It uses a local transaction object internally instead of using some locking mechanism.

/dev

• Devendra Singh
    Devendra Singh
    1 Post

‏2019-01-17T09:48:37Z  

Hi Javier,

DB2Bulkcopy's current implementation restricts its operation under transaction control. It uses a local transaction object internally instead of using some locking mechanism.

/dev

• jdelmastro
    jdelmastro
    3 Posts

‏2019-01-17T11:51:16Z  

Hi Javier,

/dev

Hi Devendra,

Thanks for your information. I'm going to try some work around by doing bulk insert to temporal table outside the transaction, so then I can open a transaction and insert from that temporal table to the main table.

Thanks