Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-11T19:49:37Z by tcassid
JirongHu
JirongHu
683 Posts

Pinned topic CCRC: text_file_delta: Error: Unable to open file, Permission denied

‏2013-06-05T16:49:03Z |

text_file_delta: Error: Unable to open file "\\ccreqpwebp01\ccstg\VOBs\Java_AVOB.vbs\s\sdft\2\2f\0-2a265a568dca47d689a19926f9d4a443-qp": Permission denied

I am getting the above error when loading files to a CCRC view, but I can open this file from Windows Explorer.

The CM server is in a separate server other then the VOB server. If I use the CM server on the same VOB server, I don't see this problem.

Any idea?

Thanks

Jirong

Updated on 2013-06-05T17:38:28Z at 2013-06-05T17:38:28Z by JirongHu
  • ezizza
    ezizza
    6 Posts

Re: CCRC: text_file_delta: Error: Unable to open file, Permission denied

‏2013-06-05T19:42:42Z  

Is the other CM server part of the same windows domain, or could there be a different albd account in use on that machine?

• JirongHu
    JirongHu
    683 Posts

‏2013-06-05T20:12:14Z  
    • ezizza
    • ‏2013-06-05T19:42:42Z

Is the other CM server part of the same windows domain, or could there be a different albd account in use on that machine?

yes, same domain, same account, only different is on VOB server, the domain name is all lower case, while on CM server the domain name all upper case (I try to change to lower case, but it automatically show as upper case).

It happens to mostly XML files which may contain binary characters. But I don't have this loading issue when I use CM server on the VOB server. Looks like a remote process access issue.

The error says: view_server.exe(12028): Error: Type manager "_xml2" failed construct_version operation.

I also found this error during the login from CCRC to CM server:

An internal error occurred during: "Caching stream info".

Jirong

Updated on 2013-06-05T20:17:46Z at 2013-06-05T20:17:46Z by JirongHu
  • benray
    benray
    74 Posts

‏2013-06-10T13:53:35Z  
    • JirongHu
    • ‏2013-06-05T20:12:14Z

yes, same domain, same account, only different is on VOB server, the domain name is all lower case, while on CM server the domain name all upper case (I try to change to lower case, but it automatically show as upper case).

It happens to mostly XML files which may contain binary characters. But I don't have this loading issue when I use CM server on the VOB server. Looks like a remote process access issue.

The error says: view_server.exe(12028): Error: Type manager "_xml2" failed construct_version operation.

I also found this error during the login from CCRC to CM server:

An internal error occurred during: "Caching stream info".

Jirong

CCRC will not access the UNC path directly; access will be from the CM Server. So are you able to perform the same operation from the CM Server where the issue occurs? If so are you able to log into the CM Server as the same user and create a snapshot view loading the same element(s)? Are you even able to access the UNC path to the source container in the error message?

• JirongHu
    JirongHu
    683 Posts

‏2013-06-10T21:43:00Z  
    • benray
    • ‏2013-06-10T13:53:35Z

CCRC will not access the UNC path directly; access will be from the CM Server. So are you able to perform the same operation from the CM Server where the issue occurs? If so are you able to log into the CM Server as the same user and create a snapshot view loading the same element(s)? Are you even able to access the UNC path to the source container in the error message?

Two questions:

1. In this case, which id will be used to access the VOB storage UNC path? If the access to UNC is from CM server. clearcase_albd or the actual user id?

2. If I store the web views on CM Server D:\CCWEB, which id need to access to this directory?

Thanks

Jirong

• tcassid
    tcassid
    20 Posts

‏2013-06-11T19:49:37Z  
    • JirongHu
    • ‏2013-06-10T21:43:00Z

Two questions:

1. In this case, which id will be used to access the VOB storage UNC path? If the access to UNC is from CM server. clearcase_albd or the actual user id?

2. If I store the web views on CM Server D:\CCWEB, which id need to access to this directory?

Thanks

Jirong

The id to login is the one that is used to login to CCRC.  The ccrpc.exe processes (backend CM Server processes) will run as the user that logs into CCRC.  For this reason, the same user should be used to do a login to the CM Server and create the snapshot view.

The ClearCase Administrators group needs to have full control over view storage.  The user id and primary group that the view was created as will also have some permissions on the view storage as well.